Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop in impressions and viewers

girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello everyone!

Has anyone experienced a massive drop in impressions and monthly viewers?

I have been following the same strategy of pinning my own content with a mix of other's for a while now using Tailwind and it had been working amazingly well. I also manually pin a few on Pinterest every day.

For the past 2 days, the impressions and monthly viewers have dropped drastically even though the strategy is the same. Has anyone else experienced this? If you did, what worked for you? 

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

- Girl Meets The World

16 Kudos
41 Replies
sewenir
Just visiting

Yes, I have. I experienced a spike in views and impressions (not followers) at the beginning of May and in the last couple of days, have experienced a considerable drop of same. I wrote it off to the worldwide lockdown. But the lockdown timeframes differs across the world.

3 Kudos
unlimitedmama
Just visiting

Yes! I have experienced the same! The month of April was great, but the last week or so I have had a huge drop in impressions. I was even starting to think there was some sort of block put on my account because i was only getting like 6 impressions on my brand new pins, when I normally get hundreds to a few thousand. I'm glad to know i'm not the only one experiencing this.

5 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there.....

Me Too!!!! not harsh drops but between 5 and 10 thousand noticeable.

Thoughts????????????

3 Kudos
TheProductiveYou
Just visiting

Yes! It seems like everyone has! I was averaging between 1k and 2k impressions before, and then the week of ~May 1st through now my pin impressions dropped to like 5 (not 5k, just plain 5 impressions per pin.)

Pinterest just had their quarterly earnings report so I'm assuming it's an update related to the revenue and numbers from there. We just need an official Pinterest employee to give us some answers.

7 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

I agree - I think they will probably try to figure out what kind of response they can provide.

Another thought - people simply are not online perhaps because cost of internet et al. is becoming too much for some people and they have just simply turned off the internet.....just a thought.

I will say my numbers are really jumpy between 5 and 10k haven't seen it do that before.

Lisa

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone, thanks for flagging this to @PinterestJanice and I. Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. Oftentimes, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners. Just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. We encourage creators to continue to post high-quality, inspiring ideas to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest.

If you have specific questions or concerns about your account and traffic fluctuations, please file a ticket with our support team and they'll be able to assist you directly. Thank you! 📌

Response edited on May 28th.

21 Kudos
TheProductiveYou
Just visiting

Thanks Gabby looking forward to it!

5 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Thank you guys for sharing your experiences. It does seem like majority of the users are experiencing this. I was afraid something had gone wrong with my pinning strategy that caused a drop of 15k impressions overnight. I woke up this morning to find that it's continuing to decline.

Thank you @PinterestGabby! Really appreciate it 🙂

-Girl Meets The World

1 Kudo
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi there @girlmeetstheworld ! How are your traffic stats? I don't give too much attention to impressions or views unless I am seeing a correlating tank in traffic. For me, impressions and  views are way down but traffic is up! So, this tells me that although my content is not being seen by as many people, it is being seen by the RIGHT people (because they are clicking). Just thought an alternate POV might help. 

4 Kudos