Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Lost 90% of my traffic, My account is, for all intents and purposes, dead

muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hi everyone.

I must confess I am at my wits end and reading some of the threads here has just made me panic more.

On July 15th I lost over 90% of my traffic overnight. At first I thought it was a fluctuation but my traffic has completely flat lined since that day.

I contacted Pinterest for help and it took days to get a first reply, which was a bot giving me tips on how to improve my pins.

Since then, I've been able to talk to a human and at first they tried telling me this was completely normal, when I know by my other accounts that it isn't.

I've been a Pinterest content creator for years and I've never experienced anything this disheartening, not even when my accounts got blocked as spam wrongly.

It's been over two weeks since the day I basically lost my account and my livelihood and today, after asking again if there is any news, they said they're still waiting on advice, which frankly sounds very ominous.

Pinterest haven't even told me if it's an issue on their part or if it's something I can sort out on my end.

If it's something that's been happening for months now why is it still happening and why can't Pinterest figure it out in a timely fashion?

What else can I possibly do to sort this matter out, that's causing me to basically not earn any money for this month and, by the looks of things that I've read from other users, for other months to come.

Am I and everyone who's going through the same thing supposed to continue investing on our accounts, creating fresh, original content, taking new photos everyday that no one sees, waiting for a reply that no one knows when it's going to come?

Do you have any idea how it feels like to work long hours everyday on something that was basically your means of income to have it go to waste with no further information than "I'll let you know when I have something else to say to you"?

Our hands are tied, there is no motivation to continue to work and sit around waiting for the tide to change.

What is going on??

I've tried the creators-support email and it's been disabled, I don't now any other options.

Can someone tell me if there is anything I can do to speed this process up? Please???

Thank you,

Sandy

2 Kudos
4 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Do you use a second party analytic service like google analytics? I've seen a huge drop on my account on Pinterest compared to last year but I wasn't measuring website analytics until this year. I am curious, has the drop in Pinterest audience/impressions been proportional to a drop in website traffic for you?

0 Kudos
seriousequestrian
Just visiting

Sorry to hear about your account Sandy. 

I am in the same boat. I know this doesn't help but for me it is a clear lesson that every blog needs to have different sources of traffic. When all your eggs are in one basket you are at the mercy of the algorithm change and can be said to never really own the traffic you have.

Hopefully Pinterest can sort this out in the coming weeks as some others have suggested. In the meantime I plan to work even harder on growing my organic, email list, and other forms of traffic. I am also planning to keep creating pins and fresh quality content in the hopes that my audience will eventually see it on Pinterest.

0 Kudos
mylifewithpets

What did Pinterest say?

0 Kudos
mylifewithpets

Good luck!

0 Kudos