Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Learn what's trending with Pinterest Trends 📈

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (3)

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 3.38.52 PM.png

Happy Tuesday, community! Hope everyone had a fun, safe and restful holiday weekend. We wanted to kick off the week back by highlighting a fantastic resource available for you all called Pinterest Trends. This tool helps you discover what’s trending across our most popular categories in the U.S., U.K., and Canada. Trends is key for diving deeper into insights and understanding how content performs on Pinterest.

Pinterest trends can help you:

• Get deeper insights into Pinner planning timelines
  • Help allocate your budget to campaigns during the planning stage
  • Validate assumptions about emerging trends
  • Refine your search queries 
  • Identify what keywords you should include or avoid as you plan your campaigns

**Please note that you can only search in the tool within the past 12 months. 

As you search for various keywords in the tool, think about how you can use the keywords that are rising in popularity as thought starters to showcase your products and services in a context that is relevant to Pinners. Your ideas could be just the possibility they’ve been waiting for. 💡

For more information, please see our Help Center article or check out our Insights page on the Pinterest Business site. 

We’d love to hear how Pinterest Trends has worked for your brand or business. What keywords have you used to search for trends? How are you using the tool to optimize for your content or campaigns?  Please share any thoughts or tips and tricks below!

13 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey! @PinterestGabby  Thank you for the info, unfortunately I can't post my tips because of ''Correct the highlighted errors and try again'' error.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
10 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby I do use it already but could definitely use some pointers. I have used the tool to decide whether or not to create a board or section combined with some Pinterest webinars I have attended (info provided). I create pins based on what I have seen and I what I think might be lacking or should be included in future pins. When I use Trends I look at the previous month and compare with other social media including things that go viral on other platforms, I have also used the Trend tool on a Monday and then I go back to it with the same search terms the following Monday (sometimes I change the day) strictly to see whether the term etc. is still trending or not. Using some of the results that I get from the Trend tool I determine whether or not the content is right for those who view or follow my account board | boards.  I do not search anything that I think will cause people to feel bad or worry anything that is political or anything to do with COVID - I think we are all stressed enough I seek calming | interesting | learning | healthy and fitness terms and ideas. Hope this helps Lisa😁

Search Words | Terms | Phrases I have searched

South American Style | Fashion
Casual Fashion (at home style)
Travel virtual (travel shorts | videos et al.)
Fitness motivation
South American Living
Work from home
home decor inspiration
DIY home decor (painting)
South American home design and decor
Fitness tips | ideas | routines
Bullet Journaling | Travel Journals
Travel (general)
Hairstyle (short | long)

Post edited 7/13 for clarity

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey! @PinterestGabby  Thank you for the info, unfortunately I can't post my tips because of ''Correct the highlighted errors and try again'' error.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AmericanoCrystals are you trying to add any emojis/images to your post? What format are you using to share your tips? 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@therealsouthamerica did you edit your post? I'm not seeing all the tips and tricks you shared previously? 😕

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@plattertalk wanted to tag you here as an FYI since we recently discussed the Trends tool in a separate thread, too. 🙂 

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby looks like my post disappeared? I actually added more to it....any way to get it back?

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby  IDK what was the problem wil try to write that post again 🙂

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Well, shortly I use Pinterest trends for find new keywords and update my pin descriptions regularly.
Therefore these are the keywords I am searching for:

Crystal and luxury products
Bling things
Handmade sparkly items such as Custom Cups, Tumblers, phone cases, evening bags etc.
Now we added crystal masks due to Covid-19.
I am looking forward to Holiday season which is upcoming! Pinterest Trends will be even more handful during the holiday season.

-Sophia-

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
1 Kudo