Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Keyword Planning

jordanfryco
Just visiting

What is the best way to do keyword research for Pinterest search campaigns? Is there an external keyword planner tool like Google has? Just want to be sure I'm targeting the right keywords and know what cpc's look like, competition level, etc. before launching.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @jordanfryco! Pinterest does not have an external keyword planner like Google [you can file a feature request with our team here] However, you can definitely leverage keyword targeting in which you can use match types and negative keywords to target Pinners’ search terms with even more precision. Hope this helps! 🤞

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @jordanfryco! Pinterest does not have an external keyword planner like Google [you can file a feature request with our team here] However, you can definitely leverage keyword targeting in which you can use match types and negative keywords to target Pinners’ search terms with even more precision. Hope this helps! 🤞

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@jordanfrycoSomeone had posted this recently here in the community & it's exactly what I do as well (so I saved it for future reference)... here's what they said:

"What I do is, go to the Pinterest home page and enter my main keyword in the search bar. Pinterest will run that search and then add suggestions in the bubbles below the search bar based on related things that people are searching for. THOSE are the words I use in my hashtags and description. It takes all of the guesswork out of figuring out what users are searching for on Pinterest."

Hope that helps! Simone 🙂

3 Kudos
jordanfryco
Just visiting

great idea, thanks!

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

pinterest key words.jpg

@PinterestGabby please let me know what is wrong with the text in this reply. I had to post as a picture. About every other post I type fails because of the dreaded red HTML error.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for flagging, and sorry you're running into that trying to post here, @theburntsunsetnovel. We've escalated this to engineering to look into, as a couple other folks here have shared that they're experiencing the same thing. We're working on it! 💪

1 Kudo
cminetti31
Just visiting

@foodiehomechef: Its indeed, a great idea! Returning to the original inquiry, @jordanfryco
I have encountered a similar problem. In the help section there is a mention to: "Search for keywords in the search bar in the square on the right". In my version of Pinterest there is only one empty box to fill in with keywords. 

1 Kudo