Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is Pinterest REALLY Listening To Us?

ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

I visited the Community this afternoon and a pop-up asked me to choose to give feedback. When I did, it was not accepted because it was required to be 500 words or less. I decided for my effort to post my feedback here.

Pinterest should share with members the reasons that functions and features important to members have changed or been removed and the future direction of Pinterest. We love Pinterest and while you say you value our feedback, many of us feel like we are not being heard.

I have experienced that websites ask for member input and feedback when they are going to make big changes and despite feedback shared, they move ahead with their original plans. I've only seen less than a handful of sites that truly listen to members and honor requests and implement suggestions.

If former functions will not be restored and member requests will not be honored at Pinterest, you could at least communicate those decisions to your members, and not in a canned reply but through candid, compassionate communication.

There is no other social platform like Pinterest that I know of. While many of us would not leave, it is sad that our use of Pinterest is now crippled. Rather than spurring me to visit more, it has repelled me from the level of interaction that I once enjoyed.

You can't say that you were not made aware of our frustrations. As a member shared here in our business forums, people on other platforms are complaining about Pinterest's decline of function.

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm listening, @ArtsyCraftery!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about Pinterest, it sounds like the support you've also received from us in the past has been less than ideal. I'm sorry. 😞 I totally hear you about wanting more transparency from us about changes and why certain products/features are removed. I've heard this multiple times in the PBC and have shared that feedback internally. One of the ways we were hoping to address some of this is through our product release notes that we've been publishing on a monthly basis. I'm not sure if you've gotten a chance to take a peek at those in our FAQ but would be curious to get your thoughts on this new series and where we could improve it. 

I'd also love to hear, if you're willing to share, how we can continue improving the experience of the PBC for community members. Aside from being more transparent about changes with our products and the platform, is there anything you'd like to see specifically from the community and how maybe we can help with that? 

Really appreciate any thoughts you have, and thank you for pushing on us to do better. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm listening, @ArtsyCraftery!! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback about Pinterest, it sounds like the support you've also received from us in the past has been less than ideal. I'm sorry. 😞 I totally hear you about wanting more transparency from us about changes and why certain products/features are removed. I've heard this multiple times in the PBC and have shared that feedback internally. One of the ways we were hoping to address some of this is through our product release notes that we've been publishing on a monthly basis. I'm not sure if you've gotten a chance to take a peek at those in our FAQ but would be curious to get your thoughts on this new series and where we could improve it. 

I'd also love to hear, if you're willing to share, how we can continue improving the experience of the PBC for community members. Aside from being more transparent about changes with our products and the platform, is there anything you'd like to see specifically from the community and how maybe we can help with that? 

Really appreciate any thoughts you have, and thank you for pushing on us to do better. 

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Ok. I will answer your questions soon. Just wanted you to know that I've seen your msg and will do what you asked as soon as I can.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ArtsyCraftery no rush at all, appreciate you! 🙂 

1 Kudo
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby  I posted a comment here: Re: Product Release Roundup for Creators #1

In response to your question: I'm not sure if you've gotten a chance to take a peek at those in our FAQ but would be curious to get your thoughts on this new series and where we could improve it.

The new series can be a good resource for members if our exact concerns are addressed rather than just sharing Pinterest-focused goals. The 3 posts that I reviewed mostly talked about Story Pins < Idea Pins.

I have subscribed so that I can see what will be posted in the future.

Thanks!

1 Kudo