Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Installing the Pinterest Tag on a Wix Website

shimouva
Just visiting

Hello there !

For those who use a Wix website,

what was the easiest way to install the Pinterest tag, especially the event codes

Any help is appreciated

Warm Regards 🤗

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
earth2skyjewelry

Hi @shimouva 

The base tag can be added as custom code under Marketing &SEO/SEO Tools/Site Verification/Custom Code. Certain event codes like Page Visit can be loaded this way as well. I do not yet have a good answer for other more "click specific" events like add to cart. Also I am still working on dynamic variables for Product ID and some others. 

I built my catalog in a static .csv file which I update manually. I run an ftp server on my pc (filezilla) so that pinterest can ingest my catalog once a day.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
7 Replies
gioielliconfusione

Hello Shimouva, i have a answer for you. i m also using a wix web site.

because you ask about tags, i guess you re able to feed a catalog? 

how?

tia, maurizio

1 Kudo
shimouva
Just visiting

Hi @gioielliconfusione 

I'm sorry I really can't help you! I didn't have the chance to work with catalogs for a Wix website!

I have experience with the Squarespace websites in which I uploaded the catalogs manually, and it did work!

1 Kudo
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi, @shimouva,

I'm sorry you are having trouble implementing the Pinterest tag on your website. I'd recommend taking a look at a few articles like adding event code and installing Pinterest tag. However, since we don't have specific instructions for Wix websites yet, I would suggest you reach out to your host support team so they can guide you or maybe to a web developer. 

I understand this may not be an ideal solution, but keep us posted on how these suggestions work for you.

2 Kudos
earth2skyjewelry

Hi @shimouva 

The base tag can be added as custom code under Marketing &SEO/SEO Tools/Site Verification/Custom Code. Certain event codes like Page Visit can be loaded this way as well. I do not yet have a good answer for other more "click specific" events like add to cart. Also I am still working on dynamic variables for Product ID and some others. 

I built my catalog in a static .csv file which I update manually. I run an ftp server on my pc (filezilla) so that pinterest can ingest my catalog once a day.

3 Kudos
sanzarbaba
Just visiting

I am also working on dynamic variables for Product ID, if you find solution please share it.

0 Kudos
orchidangelica

Hi gioielliconfusione, you can just use the Facebook feed URL as Pinterest feed URL, this works for me.

And I'm also struggling for the tags and event codes issue...

0 Kudos
YourHappinessQuest
Just visiting

Hi @earth2skyjewelry , I recently uploaded the event codes this way on a site but they're not triggering. Any advice on how you got this to work? The base code is working fine but I tried adding the page visit code here too and nada, no errors and not triggering its existence.

0 Kudos