Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pin SEO / Getting Idea Pins Seen

faithfilledyou
Just visiting

Hi! I know Idea Pins are very popular on Pinterest now, and my home feed and search results are filled with them! As a content creator, I've tried Idea Pins out many times but I haven't seen too much success with them, whereas I see other accounts with massive success with them. For my other pins, I use lots of SEO and I've found that really successful, just not with idea pins. I was wondering if anyone knew how Idea Pins are distributed in the Pinterest algorithm or how to get them seen by more people. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get them ranked or to go "viral"? @PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
FoodCreationNation
Just visiting

Hi, I can't speak for your account but for me, this is what I've found. The pin has to truly be an Idea Pin as the name suggests. It cannot have any websites listed on the pin or in the description. I would avoid logos if possible. And make sure that any copy you add to it doesn't try to sell. You want people to see your awesome idea and visit your page. If you've been adding your website to them, try reposting the idea pin without and see how it does. I've noticed a night and day difference. Hope this helps! 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Really solid tips here, @FoodCreationNation, thank you so much for sharing! @faithfilledyou if you haven't already, I'd recommend checking out our Idea Pin best practices -- lotta good stuff in there! @michaelbliss @isabelledias any other #protips you maybe want to share here? 🙂 

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @PinterestGabby@FoodCreationNation had some great ideas!  @faithfilledyou I would add spending far less time trying to understand the algorithm, and instead reach out to your followers and ask them what content they would like to see more of, and less of. I think the key is to engage as much as possible with your community. I've found success using the comments as one way to engage with my community, and I've stopped using the details drawer in most cases because it became an overload of information for my community, and for myself working too hard on SEO. Being as simple as you can with your message will go very far, and don't be too worried if a pin doesn't perform well, keep creating regularly and your community will help you grow. And of course, use video early and often!

2 Kudos
isabelledias
Loves to help

Thank you for the tag! @PinterestGabby 💘

@faithfilledyou I totally get you feeling lost with Idea Pins. I feel like that from time to time, as well. But content creation is this fun science of trial and error, so that's normal!

One thing that helps me a lot is understanding what my audience is interested in at that moment. You can take a look at Audience Insights for that. You can also check out trends and see what is trending in your niche.

For my audience, I've been learning that the more practical the Idea Pin, the better answer it gets. I checked your profile and saw that your content is very faith-based, so one thing you can do is something like "3 ideas to stay consistent with your devotional" or "7 ways to start your morning with God". Again, just a few ideas, you know your audience better than anyone!

Another thing that has been helping me is to do a little research on how people are presenting their ideas through Idea Pins. I have a secret board called "Idea Pins Inspo," where I get ideas on how to edit and present my idea. There are sooooo many incredible content creators killin' it at Idea Pins, use that to inspire you!

Last but not least, check out everything @michaelbliss said because he is the OG on Idea Pins. I've never found any profile that has such a high consistent engagement like he does.

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! 

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@isabelledias @michaelbliss y'all are the best 😍

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you @isabelledias !! I appreciate that!

2 Kudos
tamirahamilton
Posts regularly

Thank you for this info @PinterestGabby. It was very helpful but I am still confused. We should not place any link on the video itself (even though not clickable) and also not in the description)? On the Fall Fashion & Beauty Call we were given advice to tell not show if we want create savable content and this seems to conflict with that advice. I am really struggling with saves and want to do better. My saves are much better month 2 or even 3 or 4 but I would like more saves month 1 to get paid from the Creator Rewards. Please help. Thank you kindly. Tamira

0 Kudos