Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I Want To Grow My Pinterest Business Account - How Do I Do This?

bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

If your reading this and would like to add some more tips and tricks to encourage Pinterest ❤️ please feel free to share, I think its safe to say that we all have some great tips and tricks when it comes to using Pinterest.

Some things to consider when starting out on Pinterest and looking to grow your Pinterest Business Account👇🏻

1. First things first, Pinterest is what many Expert Pinterest Users consider a Slow Burn. What does that mean? It means that it takes time to grow on Pinterest. Many people expect that their new Pinterest Business Account will take off the moment they have posted their first pin but often a new Pinterest Business Account will take time to grow, evolve and produce.

When I first started using Pinterest circa. 2008 it was very much a follow and be followed platform and working online wasn’t a ´thing´ yet. Personally, I never had any numbers expectations when I first started using Pinterest for my business, perhaps because I was learning how to use the platform in a different way Business vs. Personal use.

2. For any Pinterest User Account & Board Organization Is Key. Keeping your account and boards organized on Pinterest is perhaps one of the most overlooked items when planning and preparing for Pinterest ❤️ and growth. I have always stressed the importance of having a Secret Personal Board or two for all your personal likes and saves. Having a business account is great on Pinterest but not when one is sharing their personal favorite mascara hacks, messy bun pins or a favorite sports car pick and you have a Graphic Design business or your a  Marketing Professional. If Pinners don’t understand your visual message then they won’t be able to understand what you do or what you want them to do or worse what your asking for.

I am a CPT & Fitness Coach and many of the boards I have created are specifically related to fitness and health in addition to my target market. I have three Secret Personal Boards where I pin my favorite pins and these are boards only I can see and pin to (Secret). In addition to organizing pin content, I also created Board Covers using Canva to add some life and interest to my public boards, encouraging more Pinterest ❤️.

3. Its all about pinning consistently with fresh homemade content and keywords to wet the Pinterest Algorithms Appetite! There is nothing that Pinners here on Pinterest love more than fresh content that is pinned consistently. Consider using Idea Pins (Pinterest´s latest 📌 creation tool) you can absolutely let your creative side shine through while growing your Pinterest Business Account. Just like reaping the benefits of fresh consistent content if your not pinning regularly prepare to watch your numbers come down and don’t blame the Algorithm.

I recently moved with my family and really didn’t have the time to create and share, but the moment I stopped pinning my content and more specifically for me Idea Pins my numbers instantly started to go down, it was a long line down to the bottom of the graph (I was tired when I got to the bottom). While I am currently building my numbers back up it is clear to me that if you don’t consistently create and pin 📌 fresh content it will definitely impact your analytics here on Pinterest.

4. 📢 Sing it from every corner of the internet I Am On Pinterest Please Follow Me nameofpinterestbusiness Its the proverbial if you don’t ask you don’t get. If you are looking to grow your following here on Pinterest (everyone loves to get followers) then ask. If your creating content that you post here on Pinterest in addition to other Social Media Accounts then create a Call To Action and ask for the Follows & Love ❤️. When creating content consider what you want your viewers to do after they have watched. The rules around Follows | Likes | Loves & Saves have changed its okay to ask for what you want.

Lisa

20 Kudos
27 Replies
mpelekaiwai

I'm new too! I just don't understand how you get paid on Pinterest. I don't have any pins on my business account yet. I want to focus on wedding dresses, but how would I get paid through making those pins? Or should I do a different niche?

1 Kudo
corriellington
Posts regularly

These are really great tips!  My favorite was number 4:  simply to ask people for what we need.  I needed that encouragement since it is definitely outside of my comfort zone.  Thank you so much for sharing.  

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@corriellington 

Hi there 👋🏻

I really hear you on being outside your comfort zone it took me a while to find that courage and it took encouragement from other pinners and members of the PBC to be bold enough to do it. What I am learning on my Personal Pinterest Journey is that if I don't ask I don't get.

Giving people a call to action seems to work I didn't realize it until I started doing it and saw the results. I have seriously learned the hard way when it comes to the How To's on Pinterest and at one point I even had difficulty asking PBC members for help because I think for myself it made me feel as if I were incompetent or just not capable.

I am really glad you joined and that you are here on the PBC 🎉

Lisa

0 Kudos
duong7973
Just visiting

Thank you so much for these tips because I am a newbie who just started very recently. Reading these tips and trick has given me an insight into the Pinterest world. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@duong7973 

Hi there

Glad you are  here at the PBC!

You will find this is one of the best Pinterest Resources for all things Pinterest.

If you ever need anything please come back and post your question there are lot's of great people here in the PBC waiting to help you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
Menuprice2022

Hi there 

Glad your here at the PBC!

Thank you for your support on this topic it’s so nice to know that you and others can see the importance of some of the tips I mentioned.

Menuprice is a menu information portal on the best fast food restaurants. We provide latest menu and price information for the leading fast food restaurants. Find the menu and price information in one place. <a href="https://menuprice.ae/restaurants/kfc-menu-and-prices-in-uae/">price kfc menu</a>

1 Kudo
patricfranks1975
Posts regularly

Hello Lisa. I read your article on how to grow your pinterest following. It was informative. I am still figuring out out how to expand my reach lol. I have a christian teespring store set up on here. I will for sure give you a follow for support and help.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@patricfranks1975 

Thanks for sharing and I'm glad it was informative.

Double thanks for the follow always reach out here on the PBC if you need anything.

Lisa.

1 Kudo