Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I don't understand any of this! Tags here but not there, created pins vs saved pins, some pins show

twokidsknits
Just visiting

I converted from personal to business but my entire board doesn't show in "created". Do I have to create them again? I already created them, how do I get them moved? Do they show like my "created" pins? IDK, I can't see what my "page(?)" looks like to anybody but myself.

The instructions are so vague.

I agree it's super user simple if all you are doing is saving pins.

It's super confusing if you are trying to create something for people to save or follow.

@twokidsknits

1 Kudo
10 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

Hello @twokidsknits

I can see how this would be confusing. You converted at a time when the interfaced changed for both regular users and business accounts, so both will display similarly.

When you are in your account, the created section should be your pins. The button to the right, "saved" will be your boards.

In that section on the right is a symbol next to the plus sign that allows you to reorder your boards. What you see in your saved area should be what other Pinterest users see.

0 Kudos
twokidsknits
Just visiting

How do I get all my pins from my board to my "created"?
These are my pins, that I created before converting.
I was under the impression that converting meant moving what I had already done to the new thing I wanted to do!

This is frustrating!
Plus what can be tagged and what can't?
I just put tags when I can find the line marked "Add Tags", but it isn't always there.

and how do I get followers. My other account just attracted people but it still isn't very popular.

Thanks

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@twokidsknits   Greetings! I'm tagging in a couple of the Pinterest Managers who can explain things & help you with your issues.  @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

You may also want to take the FREE courses at the Pinterest Academy, you can learn a lot there: https://business.pinterest.com/en/pinterest-academy

2 Kudos
nan47
Just visiting

I just CREATED 6 pins and all of them are in the Pinned section. You have changed everything and I can't figure out why my "created" pins are not showing up in the section "Created". In addition to that when I add content and use the URL from the website (Zazzle) the only text that shows up is the Zazzle description for the product -- not the one I added. And that may be a Zazzle problem.  Also -- you suddenly are not happy with the size of the image coming from the Zazzle website. I used to get a couple thousand views -- now I'm lucky to get a couple 100! And for that matter, I used to love browsing through Pinterest but it has become so heavily big commercial pins (including scam company pins) crammed together in less space it's not even enjoyable!

1 Kudo
chezsheadesign
Just visiting

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's feeling comletely stupid and disoriented in Pinterest now. I still can't figure it out. I'm going to check out the free class and hopefully that will help answer some questions for me. I can't track the difference between product pins and created pins. Can't see what i've changed my descriptions to be. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chezsheadesign! I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged 😞 what can I do to help? P.S. if you haven't already, would recommend checking out Pinterest Academy, it's free! 

0 Kudos
dsgnblythe

@PinterestGabby Hi! Please can someone just answer the question instead of promoting your academy.  Why are posts sitting in Saved, under their respective boards and not appearing under "Created"?  We have just created two posts. Both are under their boards under saved. But one has appeared under created, and one has not.  Why is this?  Let's make this simple:

- What determines whether a pin appears under created?

- If a pin appears under saved and not created, how do we copy it so that it appears under created?

Just answers to the questions please 😉

0 Kudos
favelli_home

@dsgnblytheThank you for so succinctly asking this question.  Like many above, none of the pins I create are showing up under Created.  They are all showing up under Saved.  My website is marked as "claimed" which is supposed to be the trigger for Created vs. Saved.  As far as I can tell, there is no place in the interface to CHOOSE Created vs Saved, so the classification of Created vs Saved is supposed to be automatically triggered by whether you are linking to a claimed account.  Correct?  If correct, then this is a technical glitch and not the sort of thing that is covered in the "soft guidance" of the Pinterest Academy.   @PinterestGabby, if you don't know the answer, if this is out of your ballywick, would you kindly help all of us by escalating it as a technical issue?  Can you call someone in the organization and tell them that many people are reporting the same issue and ask if it is a known bug?  Otherwise, if you don't act, this will just go on and on without resolution.  Thanks @PinterestGabby for your assistance.

0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.  All my new Pins that I have scheduled on Tailwind from my TPT store are on "Saved" on Pinterest.  Any new Pins linked to my blog are on Created.  

So it looks like any new Pins linked to TPT go to Saved- Help!

I have a business account and my domain is claimed. Thank you!

0 Kudos