Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

HUGE drop in impressions - single figure impressions

beautymone
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hi there, 

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a huge drop in impressions. From getting 1-5K+ impressions on every new pin, I went to 3 impressions. Yes 3, not 3K. I've sent customer service an email and they've told me that I was mistakenly flagged as low quality and that it would be fixed in 7-10 days. I'm 13 days in and still get barely any impressions. I have a good pin when I have 20 impressions, that's not normal! 

I'm super sad and discouraged to use Pinterest. I've worked my ass off to build a consistent traffic flow, keeping up to date about Pinterest rules and best performances and now I see all my hard work go down the toilet. I have no clue what to do now. 

Does someone relate to this? Any tips? 

7 Kudos
5 Replies
unlimitedmama
Just visiting

Yes. A lot of people, including myself, are having this issue. I was told it should be fixed in 2 weeks. I wasn't told what "the issue" was by the Pinterest rep i spoke to, which I found kind of irritating, but was told it should be fixed in 2 weeks. 

3 Kudos
beautymone
Just visiting

@unlimitedmama Thank you for your response! I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with the same issue. It's good to know that I'm not alone though! I contacted Pinterest again and I'm waiting for a response now. I hope they'll come back to me with a similar message. Hopefully, your account will be fixed in two weeks! 

0 Kudos
xyuandbeyond
Just visiting

Same issue for many folks I know who pin regularly. Pinterest keeps sayings there is nothing wrong and we should just pin better and new content. However I noticed when I went to search my pins that absolutely NO new pins are being shown, pins from 2 years ago are there but new pins nowhere to be found. I've never seen this before and have always had my new pins show up in search now there is nothing. I read somewhere that Pinterest has admitted there is a problem but nothing is happening with regard to fixing it. This has been going on for several months now.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi @beautymone   Hmmm... I haven't noticed any  drop in impressions lately.  Did they explain what they meant by "flagged as low quality" ???

1 Kudo
voxdominus
Just visiting

Hi there, 

You are getting 1-5K+ impressions on every new pin / how much time: day? week? etc?

Thank you!

0 Kudos