Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to optimize your Pins for SEO 🔎

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (4)

Jul2-12-Ways-to-Get-More-Views-on-Pinterest-Share-FL-1024x683-1.png

Who’s ready to give their Pinterest profile a boost? 🙋‍ Whether you’re a veteran Pinterest user or just starting out, this article from one of our very own Pinterest partners, Later, provides a pretty comprehensive overview for how to optimize your Pins for search. 

From learning how to set your profile up for success to getting strategic with your Pin titles and descriptions, Later’s got you covered with everything you need to jumpstart your SEO strategy. 

Pinterest #protip: the more engagement a Pin receives, the higher it appears in feeds and search results. 🚀

What SEO tips have worked for your Pinterest strategy? Does anyone use Later for scheduling and planning content? Would you like to see us share more articles and tips like this in the community? Share your thoughts and comments below!

6 Kudos
8 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby Hi there I just read the article thank you for sharing can always use more how to's I have only one question what is the pixel requirement Pinterest has 1000 x 1500 but in the article she mentions (bolded below) is that true should I be adjusting to that pixel size?

"The sweet spot for an image is the 2:3 ratio — or 600×900 pixels. Note that the previously popular super-long images no longer perform well, as Pinterest can deprioritize these in search results."

Please do keep sharing and I promise I will also share when I find helpful articles - I think that regardless of how long you have been on Pinterest there is always something new to learn. Lisa❤️

5 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby Thanks for sharing 🙂 I think those tips are very useful for anyone just starting using Pinterest for business purposes 🙂

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@therealsouthamerica @allaboutbabyblog great to hear this type of content is helpful! The article references our minimal acceptable pixel count. If creators are able to upload higher quality Pins, that's great, as long as the golden ration of 2:3 is still observed. 🙂 Hope that helps! 

2 Kudos
dianavantankeren
Posts regularly

I read the article, but as long as the issues with my account are not resolved, there is no point in adding new content I think? Of all the new pins I posted since August 2, NONE of them (from my claimed website and other shops) are getting ANY impressions. They are just sitting there, nothing is being shown 😞 This includes the pins I uploaded with the perfect ratio, products tagged to it and with the most relevant keywords in the title and description, using the Pinterest search bar.

0 Kudos
frenchmarketlanterns
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby  So can we get an official ruling on hashtags? I have heard everything from use as many hashtags as possible, only use one or two, or don’t use any hashtags. What is Pinterest best practice!!!??

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @frenchmarketlanterns, welcome to the Business Community! Gorgeous lanterns you have for sale, I'm looking at adding some lights to our new deck and might need to add this to my board for inspo. 🙂 You can take a look at this FAQ which has a brief section on using hashtags. Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

That article has gone missing 😞

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fixed thanks to you, @tailwind! Thanks for lookin' out. 💕

0 Kudos