Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to gain more Pinterest followers

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver
Labels (1)

Hello, I know it is an old subject and quality is always over the quantity. But still I would love to learn new tips about getting new followers on Pinterest. How do you grow your pinterest profile and what do you do in order to gain more followers?

For me I try to post frequently 3-5 times a day, trying to use high quality pins. What are your tips?

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@AmericanoCrystals 

A strategy I use is when anyone comments or pins on of my pins I will direct message them to thank them for pining my content.

Another way is to invite people to do a Pinterest Boards! So that it get more interaction and pins.

Hope this is helpful

View solution in original post

13 Kudos
9 Replies
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@AmericanoCrystals 

A strategy I use is when anyone comments or pins on of my pins I will direct message them to thank them for pining my content.

Another way is to invite people to do a Pinterest Boards! So that it get more interaction and pins.

Hope this is helpful

13 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips, @RealWoodFloorsWP

Another thing to keep in mind -- you don't necessarily need to gain followers to reach your target audience. When someone saves your Pin, other people on Pinterest see it in their home feed, categories and search results. This means that a single Pin can drive tons of brand awareness, sales, engagement and referral traffic. Success on Pinterest means people are engaging on your pins. Engagement is 🔑

16 Kudos
ShaundaNecoleBlog
Just visiting

Hi there! In addition to the great tips offered here, I added the website pop up, #MiloTree to my site. It pops up and prompts people to follow my account on Pinterest, showing off a handful of my latest Pins. Since installing this small, non-intrusive pop up a few months ago, I am gaining new Pinterest followers daily! I hope this helps. Thanks!

11 Kudos
brevityshop
Just visiting

Since I discovered followers do not really matter. I just post quality pin and hope that it goes viral

5 Kudos
kaileybrumwell
Just visiting

Came here to say what @PinterestGabby said! Since Pinterest uses a smart feed your pins have the ability to show up in front of tons of people who don't follow you, and followers don't matter as much on Pinterest as they do on other social medias.

Focus on posting lots of quality content (I recommend more than 3-5 times a day personally) and followers will come - but they aren't the most important thing to focus on. 🙂 

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks so much for this, I just installed it 🙂

2 Kudos
ShaundaNecoleBlog
Just visiting

This is so true! Another reason I love Pinterest and am so happy it's a search engine, unlike the typical social media platforms!!

5 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver
1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos