Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to add new tags to videos?

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've noticed that when I add a tag to a video, some of the choices I would expect to be there do not exist. For example there is no tag for "The Lord of the Rings" but there is a tag for "JRR Tolkien" or "Gandalf". How do I petition to have a tag added to the drop list of tags for videos?

thanks,

Chris

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

1 Kudo
3 Replies
owlbbaking
Loves to help

That's a really good example @theburntsunsetnovel 

I've come across this quite a bit myself and I would also love to know if there's a way to request tags! 

To piggyback on that, I've also noticed that tags differ across Pinterest functions/features. For instance, this season's ever so popular, "Hot Chocolate Bomb" is searchable verbatim in the Pinterest Trends dashboard but not as a video or story tag.

I like using Pinterest trends to plan content research but curious to know why those same keywords/phrases don't show up in the pin tags. Maybe it doesn't matter? If I tag "Hot Chocolate" in a pin, I imagine that Hot Chocolate Bombs would fall under that but I wonder if it was more specific, it would be better?

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel and @owlbbaking -- thanks, both! Checking with support to see if this is something possible, stay tuned! 🤞

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @owlbbaking and @theburntsunsetnovel! Apologies for the delay in response here, and hope you both had a great holiday and a Happy New Year. Right now, there isn't a way to add/suggest new topic tags to Video Pins. This is great feedback, though, and I passed it along to our product team for review. Perhaps we'll see some changes with this in the new year -- fingers crossed!

0 Kudos