Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How Do You Change the Featured Pins/Boards on Home Landing Page?

lovelyladybugs
Just visiting

Hello, 

How can I change what shows up on my home landing page?

There was a time I could feature a board (actually I think up to 3 boards and promoted pins) but it looks like that feature/setting has gone away.

Now when I view my site it has three tabs on top:

Created, Saved, and Tried.

Created shows up first and I don't care for it, super ugly because I often upload/create random pins of a recipe or random inspiration that I want to refer back to as personal interest to me or upload from a site that may be less than optimal quality and perhaps don't have a Pinterest repin option, usually having nothing to do with my business brand.

Yes I mix the two on Pinterest, but I want to show my audience what I want to show on the landing page like the old days.

Anyone know how I can change this?

Thank you!

Erica

3 Kudos
5 Replies
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

Hi Erica! 

This is the new layout on Pinterest for everyone. There is no way to change this... The idea is for accounts and businesses to showcase what they are making.

My (quickest fix) suggestion would be to use a nicer photo as a cover for the recipe's you are saving (I use canva to make my pins). It's a couple extra steps but it's the only way the created page will look good if you will only be pinning recipe's.

Another option would be to post business stuff as well as recipe's. That way the recipe's are not standing out as much...  Or perhaps even creating a separate account with just recipe's and food and keeping your business separate. 

Here is a good FAQ on this change!

Hope this helps!! 

Basia

3 Kudos
lovelyladybugs
Just visiting

Thank you for your reply. I think I will try to schedule my created pins intermixed more often with personal pins as you suggested so it looks a bit better more often. I go on these spurts where I will just pin whatever I feel like- even old recipe cards while visiting a friend or save/upload a photo myself from a website that doesn't have a pin button, so maybe I will try embellishing them a bit before I post knowing this is not an option to change, sometimes the more homemade and less commercial ones are most popular, often though not, and ugly, poor lighting/quality, too small, less appetizing but a good recipe, etc...

And I didn't even realize the created VS saved difference and recent change found in reading your reference, no wonder my own pins from my website are not always showing up in created either as I typically pin them directly from my own website instead of creating them from scratch in Pinterest. Actually leads me to another question I will ask in a separate post.

I'm glad you shared these updates, I feel so behind with all these new changes. I even had stories options once and that disappeared, I didn't have a chance to try it out so many changes have come and gone, I got to get caught up. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

I am glad I could help! Yeah, there have been a lot of changes in the last little while. I was hesitant at first too but once I got used to it, I realized how powerful it can be for a business to have everything we've made showcased like this! 

You can apply for stories (if you live in America)! It is totally worth it as Pinterest is pushing out the story pins because they are so new. they also allow you to tag them yourself which always helps the analytics! 

Good luck with your recipe pins and your created vs saved sections! I am sure you will catch on quickly and find a way to make everything cohesive and look great! 

Basia

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the love on the FAQ, @basiacanhelp! ❤️ @lovelyladybugs glad you were able to get support here! P.S. if either of you have feedback on that article on the profile changes, please send them my way so we can make updates as needed. Cheers!

2 Kudos
lovelyladybugs
Just visiting

Yes actually, is there a way to make the articles easier to navigate through to find other related topics/changes?

I love the concise answer, heading, look of the page, but is there a way to make such articles as these archives we can refer back to or search within or see latest/recent changes by topic or date?

Like something similar to our WordPress forum where you can take a quick look into the latest changes by date/topic, questions in a queue that are under consideration, but maybe organized by each topic "Board Organization" or "Stories" with subtopics of "How to Create" or "Latest updates/changes" or "Analytics" broken further down by subtopic.

I don't know I just am realizing how many changes I have missed out on and I'm not sure where to begin to catch up until I pin something and realize something is different or missing.

And thank you so much for this site and your replies, so super helpful!

0 Kudos