Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Hashtags and Guided Search

hudsonfarmhouse
Posts regularly

Hello, I would like some clarity from Pinterest themselves (have asked in the help center as well no response yet). I just watched an interview with an employee from Pinterest and they basically said hashtags and guided search are no longer going to be in play. Is this true?

I saw the thread with Tailwind and they said not to worry about it so I am assuming that hashtags are going to not work anymore?

What about guided search? THANKS

1 Kudo
2 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@hudsonfarmhouse Hi Corey, to the best of my knowledge hashtags are no longer given the importance that maybe they once did... but it's ok to still use them, if you want to. I don't believe that they've been discontinued, so to speak. Not sure about the "guided search"... maybe @PinterestGabby will have an answer for that one.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hellooo @hudsonfarmhouse! Hashtags are optional; we advise you to focus more on making your titles and descriptions rich and user-friendly rather than trying to add in multiple hashtags. We recently did a Tailwind x Pinterest Facebook Live session and you can find the Q&A on the community here. Regarding your q on guided search -- I'd recommend filing a ticket with our support team so they can investigate further. LMK if you have any questions in the meantime. 🙂 

0 Kudos