Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Great Info Regarding Pins

GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

This is how and what Pinterest looks for in a great pin, and what they do if a pin is not up to par by their standards.

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 19.23.15.png

3 Kudos
6 Replies
angellawery
Posts regularly

Thanks for sharing. My question is what does Pinterest consider Authoritative and Recognizable? Pinterest seems to be moving towards pushing up pins from those who generate content every week or more, which for my clients isn't feasible. They are business owners earning multiple 6 figures and are scaling their business. Although they create content it may not be every week, it may be every month. And since repinning is def not on the menu, the "content that already exist" demotion is very relevant to my business.

For example, if a Pinterest for Business user host a podcast, they may have the video, summary and full text of a podcast on one page. From this, using the same URL for each of those 3 pieces of content would push them all lower in the feed. Therefore seen by less people. 

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice , with that in mind do you think/know if Pinterest is moving more towards a pay to play platform when it comes to businesses accounts, like Facebook?

I'd love to get straight answers instead of trying to figure it out from guessing, and from other people guessing, lol! Especially since I'm trying to bring more black female business owners onto the platform to use Pinterest as a way to scale their businesses. Knowing this will help me(and others) decide how I should approach my use of the platform for my clients or if shifting into a different direction entirely is a better option for their marketing plan. 

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@angellawery  Great question , I wish I had an answer for that. I would like to know that answer myself.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GrannysBasket thanks for sharing that! Curious where you captured that screenshot? Would love to reference the page and share with the team responsible for the content. @angellawery, great question, totally hear what you're saying. Let me mull over this and discuss internally to see if I have a more clear-cut answer for ya. 🙂 

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby  Hi  🙂  Your welcome for the share, I thought it was great info as well.

I found that on Pinterest Academy in the testing section - the test was called "The Basics" the sub topic was "Community Guidelines".  About halfway down the page of community guidelines you will see this - 

"Open the sections below to learn more about our policies on misdirected Pins and mimicking UI."

I just opened both sections and took a screenshot and posted it here.

I love Pinterest Academy, so much great info there.

2 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby  it would be most helpful. 😊

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, both! +1 to Pinterest Academy, it's such an incredible resource! If you missed it, we just launched a new topic about measurement btw @GrannysBasket. 🙂 

2 Kudos