Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Extreme drop in impressions on june 8th and 9th

wirewraptutorials

Pinterest keeps flagging my posts for some reason as having html, they do not, so I just screen shotted my message lol.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
wirewraptutorials

message about traffic drop.jpg

1 Kudo
wirewraptutorials

pinterest traffic drop and sales correlation.jpg

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

You analytics look almost identical to mine....the sudden downfall and everything.

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

So many bloggers feel the same as you, myself included. Pinterest say it's easier than ever to build an audience on the platform, but with the constant stream of faulty updates, mistaken spam flagging and canned responses saying 'all of this is normal', I honestly don't feel they care about their content creators anymore. It's sad, but I like many others are now leaving the platform for good. I too have found other traffic strategies. Pinterest is no longer worth the time and effort. I had an account that grew to 6.6m. It's now halved that in less than 2 weeks. 

Without us content creators, Pinterest is nothing. Such a shame. 

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 2.35.50 PM.png

BTW is basically impossible to post anything to this board without it disappearing as an error. That's why I posted as a picture.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel -- thanks for letting us know you're still experiencing that error message, we're working on it! 💪

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've lost a third of my audience in about 10 days. And that was with advertising over those ten days. Grrr.

0 Kudos
joliehomeinteriors
Just visiting

@healthyambitionsteam Similar also but my big drop happened on June 16-17 and continued thru June 27 and now is gradually going back up.  This is not the first time.  I feel like I get "reset" every 5-6 months.  Frustrating.

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@joliehomeinteriors   I hope mine resets soon! I've gone from 1M monthly views to 300K monthly views since the beginning of June and dropping every day...My Pinterest traffic to my website has gone from over 700 page views a day to 50 pageviews a day and dropping more each day.

Thankfully, I've been blogging long enough that I'm getting some Google search traffic, otherwise, I'd be dead in the water. I'm looking at other avenues of promoting my content while Pinterest gets their act together.

It's bad when Facebook is driving more organic traffic than Pinterest because Facebook has always been low.

It's beyond frustrating. I'm spending a ridiculous amount of time creating new pins, just to get single-digit impressions.

@PinterestGabby I opened another ticket. I just can't accept that this is a normal seasonal dip. 

0 Kudos