Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Drops at link clicks

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi Community!

While most of you posting about impression drop I am experiencing drops at link clicks to our ETSY shop and website. We always try to post fresh pins and keep balance.

I am wondering if this happens to anyone else?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals 

Honestly the help desk is kind of condescending. It took me 18 emails to get a response to when they would fix my problem with vanishing impressions and they kept saying I needed to post original quality pins. It almost seemed like they didn't look at my boards at all. (Which are all high quality originals.) Despite what I was told back in June in response to a problem I raised in May that Pinterest assured would be fixed in 8 weeks (August), I don't expect the problem to be fixed. There are just too many bugs.

Yesterday all the pins I posted lost their descriptions. I didn't even bother to report that. I just went back and re-added the descriptions.

I even had to submit my own solution to the problem I had before that. When I typed in my pin descriptions the actual text was physcially blocked by suggestions on who to message. I couldn't even see what I was typing in the description field. I had to figure out the solution and tell them the bug was in Pinterest messenger and had to do with the relationship between a user's Mac and iPhone. 

Before that tagging didn't work on mobile for me. The help desk's solution was to stop mobile tagging. 

I even had my website mysteriously unverified for several days by Pinterest.

I've spent all sorts of time tracking down spammers and reporting them. One guy was stealing whole boards from me and despite all my DCMA reports he's still up and running and still adding boards. 

Seems like virtually every problem I have discovered and reported, the help desk has punted on the issue.

I no longer know what are motivation is for raising issues, if they never get fixed. I guess I'd still report your issue but don't expect a solution.  

If anything, I think it will be on us to find a new way to attract traffic or discover what the bug is that effects impressions and audience that translates into a reduction in link clicks. I can only guess that the help desk lacks the skill or staff  to fix these problems or that the entire platform is overburdened by legacy coding. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals  My link clicks were pretty steady in April, May, and June despite audience and impression drops. In July link clicks were down 20%. I attribute that to two things: stories don't yield link clicks and I reported a lot of DCMA violations in July. Reporting DCMA violations seems to suppress similar pins. So doing two things Pinterest highly recommends: stories and reporting DCMA violations just ends up hurting my account. Overall sales are way down compared to last year. Pinterest used to really drive my sales but it seems to not affect them at all now. The effort to be active on Pinterest is not worth the reward anymore. I was under the impression some of the issues that have plagued us would be fixed in August, so I'm hanging around to see what happens while actively planning my exit strategy.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theburntsunsetnovel are you hearing this feedback from our support team re: issues being fixed in August? 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Hey!

Yes, I am also experiencing drops at link clicks and it is discouraging somehow. Would you recommend me to contact with pinterest help center or wait till the end of August? Since Halloween season is upcoming I want my profile to be ready for it. It is the biggest sale season for us.

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I was told my problem with lost impressions would be fixed in 8 weeks back in June, but no one has followed up with me in a while. @PinterestGabby I asked if you could follow this up in another thread: https://https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/pin-impressions-vanish-overnight/m-p/3608#M... I copied one of the emails from the help desk in this thread. 

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals 

Honestly the help desk is kind of condescending. It took me 18 emails to get a response to when they would fix my problem with vanishing impressions and they kept saying I needed to post original quality pins. It almost seemed like they didn't look at my boards at all. (Which are all high quality originals.) Despite what I was told back in June in response to a problem I raised in May that Pinterest assured would be fixed in 8 weeks (August), I don't expect the problem to be fixed. There are just too many bugs.

Yesterday all the pins I posted lost their descriptions. I didn't even bother to report that. I just went back and re-added the descriptions.

I even had to submit my own solution to the problem I had before that. When I typed in my pin descriptions the actual text was physcially blocked by suggestions on who to message. I couldn't even see what I was typing in the description field. I had to figure out the solution and tell them the bug was in Pinterest messenger and had to do with the relationship between a user's Mac and iPhone. 

Before that tagging didn't work on mobile for me. The help desk's solution was to stop mobile tagging. 

I even had my website mysteriously unverified for several days by Pinterest.

I've spent all sorts of time tracking down spammers and reporting them. One guy was stealing whole boards from me and despite all my DCMA reports he's still up and running and still adding boards. 

Seems like virtually every problem I have discovered and reported, the help desk has punted on the issue.

I no longer know what are motivation is for raising issues, if they never get fixed. I guess I'd still report your issue but don't expect a solution.  

If anything, I think it will be on us to find a new way to attract traffic or discover what the bug is that effects impressions and audience that translates into a reduction in link clicks. I can only guess that the help desk lacks the skill or staff  to fix these problems or that the entire platform is overburdened by legacy coding. 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Thank you! I hope it will be solved soon.

0 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hello @theburntsunsetnovel 

So, you're saying that you think this is the new Pinterest? Where you can't make users see your pins, even though you do everything right and spend entire days creating original pins that no one is seeing?

I'm not ready to believe that, they'll have to do something eventually, for their own sake.

This is a random bug, it's affecting some accounts but not others, I have two accounts in the same niche, with the same content strategy and one is flat lined and the other is doing fine.

Also, interestingly enough, I've started a new account since what I like to call "The Big Drop" and am already seeing more impressions on some of the new account's pins than on the pins of the affected account.

I've just mentioned this to support, after their 5th reply stating that there is nothing wrong with my account and that I'll just have to pin more and better, let's see what they come up with this time...

Looks to me that, if the new Pinterest is so unreliable, it's not a business partner I'd want to work with from now on, because even the accounts that are doing fine can tank at any moment, for no good reason.

Who would want to bet their business success on that???

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@muchadoaboutpets Hi!
I think this kind of drops can happen on social platforms and it will be solved very soon.

0 Kudos
bestcrossbowblog
Just visiting

As when I started my Pinterest journey. So I was facing the same issue then what I done. I started pining on my website. Let me explain to you with an example as my site is about the best crossbow broadheads. When I create a new post on my website so I put the Url on the pin section import from site and pins all the images used in that post. So Your links will not be drop if you start doing them in the same way.

I hope that it will help you. Thanks,

0 Kudos