Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Does links that no longer work on a various pins, hurt your stats?

egruening
Just visiting

Hi there,

I have a client who has links from Pins that I have created to popular content on their website, where the links no longer work (they have not worked for a over 2 weeks now). These pins are actually their products (the client is in the UAE so I don't have access to traditional product pins) and I have a lot of pins pointing to them. They have told me they are redoing their website and so they know the pins are not working, but it's week 3 and all other pins are working on the site BUT these very important ones I need. 

Since these pins URLs stopped working on their website i have noticed that Pinterest stats have started to take a deep dive in the negative way (I have done a review of my content and I can't see why they would just drop). I know that 'Domain Quality' is very important to the alorgithmn and whether pinterest thinks your pins are driving to a good website. SO my long questions is this...is these BAD URL'S hurting my clients stats? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

According to Pinterest, pin urls are monitored to ensure they are functioning properly. Also for a better user experience it is better to remove pins with bad urls. Hopefully they get their site finished soon so the urls start working again.

1 Kudo
egruening
Just visiting

That is what I thought, but I wanted to get confirmation before putting that information in front of them. Thanks! 

0 Kudos