Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Disturbing new trend: STOLEN BOARDS

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've noticed a disturbing trend on Pinterest @PinterestGabby - whole boards being stolen and redirected to spam sites. 

Here's my board (PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS ONE DOWN):

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel/the-summer-happy-relationship-poetry/ 

Here are two boards that steal my text, the pins, use the same board description, and use a similar board title all while sending people to another URL. 

https://www.pinterest.com/bettyearly470482/the-summer-happy-relationship-poetry/ 

https://www.pinterest.com/allisongarcia352806/the-summer-happy-relationship-poetry/ 

How do I get this spammer banned for life without messing up my impressions? I'm so tired of losing pins to people like this. I don't have the energy to report the 21 pins on each board that they stole and redirected to another website. They are even redirecting a story on each board. 

Why doesn't Pinterest start pursuing legal action against these people? I spend hours per day making content just to have it stolen within days.

This totally sucks and it ruins my brand. All the while my impressions go all over the place. When Pinterest responds to me I would like a detailed description of how action was pursued against these spammers. I'm tired of the DCMA form letters. 

Chris

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

My boards that were stolen from me were taken down. A few remain stolen form another user's account. If you click on the pics in those boards a warning appears. Issue is resolved.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 2.13.00 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
34 Replies
beautybitesorg
Just visiting

@theburntsunsetnovel not within days, some steal within minutes after I publish a pin...this is really disturbing and I don't know when they plan to fix it, I've reported over 1000 profiles - none of them is deleted or the URL blocked.

4 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@beautybitesorg There is a lawsuit pending in California about Pinterest encouraging copyright violations. If that artist is successful I imagine a class action suit can't be far behind. 

2 Kudos
SidarDesigns
Just visiting

I have the same issue. But I dont know how I can check where my stolen pins end up. Could you help me with that?

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@theburntsunsetnovel   Wow Chris, this is disturbing... I had no idea this was happening. How did you find these stolen boards, so I can check mine to see if they've been hijacked?

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@foodiehomechef I typed my board name into the search bar. Under where my board showed up I clicked all boards named "Summer Happy Relationship Poetry".

The two fake boards in this case "only" stole a story and all my pictures but not any of my poetry that I place in between the pictures. I'm going to post a picture now to my board and time how long it takes to be stolen. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.09.59 AM.jpg

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I don't know why the "The International Stage" boards show up in the search, but they seem weird too.

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@theburntsunsetnovel Hi there I have a question do you use a VPN while inside the community and on Pinterest (any browser)? Lisa

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I do not. Despite having a top-tier plan on Comcast and having the wiring completely redone by Comcast from pole to router, we experience sudden and severe slow downs. I'm concerned that a VPN will slow down traffic.

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@theburntsunsetnovel @foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby @SidarDesigns Hi there I have a suggestion and I just did it - I have gone to the links you posted Chris and I see what your talking about I have also reported them my suggestion we all report them as Spam don't block just report.

We should keep a list of all that are found a list that everyone has access too.

I assume if there are enough reports from different people ........

Lisa

2 Kudos