Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Discrepancies Organic Revenue

hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @PinterestJazmin - Hoping you can brainstorm a bit with me?! This is for ORGANIC. 

I'm very aware there's always a discrepancy between Pinterest stats and GA. taking into account the attribution window difference ... what would be the cause of THIS big of a difference? It's the biggest I've seen and I'm thinking I'm missing something obvious? 

GA November Checkout Revenue from Pinterest: $115

Pinterest November Checkout Revenue (that came from an Attributed Action Click and Claimed Domain ) $379,000

Any thoughts on what I'm missing? TIA! 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hoping to follow along with this thread 🙂 @hostesstori @PinterestJazmin 

We've seen these discrepancies as well. Although, this one is pretty large! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hostesstori! thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. That is is a pretty large discrepancy and I recommend filing a ticket so that our team can look into your account in more detail and figure out what's going on. I hope this helps! Keep us posted on the resolution with support. 

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Following too!  

I have a client with a pretty big discrepancy like this as well.  Please share if you hear back from support!

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia @thehalcyonhive just following up that there's been no resolution yet. Though, I have a ticket open and the account manager for this client is looking into it. 

However, when I look across my own domains/Pinterest accounts, and every client I have as well, I see everytime a significant discrepancy between organic traffic #'s from the Outbound Clicks Pinterest is reporting and what I see as referral traffic in GA. 

Does this resonate with your accounts as well? How do you reconcile this?

For now, I just go off what GA reports because that's typically a true north for all social channels. However, the Pinterest numbers are typically 40-50% higher monthly. 

Thoughts?

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Adding an update here since I just got the last response from the Ticket submitted.  Basically no answer and copy/paste info that didn't help. SO, thinking this group can put their heads together a bit since a few of us have a similar issue. Happy to help others word removed per Community Guidelines their problems as well! 

This is all organic.

1. I was able to get our traffic closer on my own (screenshot below). I'm okay with this difference.

2. For revenue (given we know there will always be a discrepancy based on attribution models) the organic revenue we see is much farther apart that we are comfortable with (screenshot below). 

In Pinterest Analytics, here are my settings (anyone see any issues?):

30/7/1
Content: Organic
Attributed Action: Click
Claimed Accounts: our domain only
Device: All
Source: All
Format: All

Anything stand out to you? Anyone see something similar? TIA! 

Red=Pinterest
Blue= GA

Screen Shot A.pngScreen Shot B.png

0 Kudos