Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Deleted Pins Still Show Up in Search

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Hi.

@PinterestGabby I've noticed that pins I deleted a long time ago keep showing up in search with a higher ranking that current pins. Furthermore, I've notice that these deleted pins are often used as spam. (Someone steals it and changes the URL.) How come when you delete a pin it does not disappear everywhere? Is there a way to delete a pin everywhere, even if it is saved to someone else's board? I'm thinking beyond the spam to legit pinnings as well from other users... In many cases these deleted pins no longer represent my brand or I've changed logos or colors or the information is out date. 

thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
13 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby any idea how this can be resolved?

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby Do you have an answer on this question? Why do deleted pins keep showing up in search? Are they not removed from other boards when I delete them?

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @theburntsunsetnovel, I just followed up with you in a private message. Let me know if you have any questions. 👍

1 Kudo
aclaguartilla

Hi. Can you advise the fix for searchable deleted pins?

0 Kudos
monakkandolaa

i’m having the same problem. is there a way to remove the image?

0 Kudos
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

hello,

I have also encountered this issue with one of my pins! Is there a way to delete a pin everywhere?

Basia

0 Kudos
baatski

I have same problem that deleted Pins Still Show Up in Search. Please can you fix the problem. Once deleted pictures should be removed from web completely.

Heidi

0 Kudos
Love_kankei
Just visiting

Same issue we are facing

0 Kudos
SkylerDanielle1

Could you please help me with this. I deleted a pin I made, but it’s still showing people recently commenting on it. I really want it completely removed. 

0 Kudos