Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Office Hours! Recap

therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby 

Hi there to the community👋 Happy Friday! Yesterday I attended my first  Creator Office Hours Event. 

It was really great! 

I loved the fact that it was visual and that Pinterest was really listening to everyone who attended. The information that was provided by Pinterest was outstanding. 

The first time I ever used Pinterest was only because I received an invite from someone to try it out, I am sure some of you get that...remember invites to new social media Facebook | Google Mail | Google Chat? Pinterest has really shown themselves worthy in a whole bunch of ways since the days of my invite to the platform. I also remember a time when tech companies and the like would not give a user the time of day on the phone let alone in a video meeting (there really wasn't a chat|video experience back then). Pinterest is one of the few companies that is actually taking the time to listen | understand | find solutions | improve user experience for a ton of issues....to this I say thank you!

The Creator Office Hours included many participants who work at Pinterest in addition to many other users like us and there wasn't the usual silence and listen to one person - it was interactive and everyone had an opportunity to be heard and be seen and ask really great questions and get some great answers. It was clear to me that Pinterest was actually listening and taking their own notes on what they can do to help us as Creators | Pinners | Bloggers | Business Owners. I realize that some of the changes happening on Pinterest are difficult and frustrating but I would also say that if we can show just a little patience we will all benefit greatly.

Okay, that said - I would encourage anyone who has doubts about attending or has a lot of "need to know's" about Creating awesome Story Pins to attend and take the opportunity to listen and share. I can tell you that you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for letting me share my thoughts with you! Lisa

6 Kudos
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@realsouthamerica, thank you for this incredible recap and sharing your thoughts on how you found the Office Hours beneficial. We appreciate you and everything you do for the Pinterest Business Community!! 💕

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica @PinterestGabby I'm not seeing what Lisa wrote, it's just blank on my screen. You obviously see it Gabby by your response. Here's a SS of what I seeEmpty Post Lisa.jpg

0 Kudos
MomFoodie
Just visiting

I don't see the recap either. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@MomFoodie @foodiehomechef hi there yes I see that I made a minor addition last night and then it disappeared???? Maybe another glitch? Thoughts? Lisa

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamericaI think you're right Lisa, I sure hope they find your post as I really would love to read your recap/thoughts!

Also my post disappeared as well (the one you just responded to)  @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

@therealsouthamerica Not sure how it happened but it looks like the last time it was updated there wasn't any text. I restored an earlier of your recap. Hope this helped!

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamericaI'm so glad they were able to restore your Recap post Lisa. I agree with everything you said! I'm sad I had to miss last Thursday. Hopefully I'll be able to attend this coming week 🙂

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef hi there Welcome Back! Glad to see your back online. I hope you can come to I think those meetings are really valuable in terms of information and sharing. I really do learn a lot. Lisa😁

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica Hey Lisa, Thank you for the information!

Hopefully I will be able to join this week! 

2 Kudos