Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Content | Pinterest Tags

therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

Hello - So, I have read a lot from different Pinners on theft of content et al. and clearly its a problem.

I was wondering what all of you think about Pinterest providing some sort of 'Tag' (visually nice) that says this pin is original content created by this pinner and the 'Tag' makes it impossible for the person who is trying to use the pin to use it without the 'Tag'. The 'Tag' never goes away and always stays with the pin in addition to not allowing the Pin to be downloaded or some other measure that doesn't allow the pinner to make changes.

I hope I said that right? What are your thoughts? I have had a similar issue and I pay for all of my images from Adobe and Unsplash (vast money) as per Adobe you must add a Copyright to the photo before using it on your site et al. which I do but that doesn't seem to be enough to stop people hmmmmm.

Love to hear your thoughts!

Lisa😁

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Thanks for the great feedback and being a part of the Business Community, Lisa! We'll pass this along to our safety team for review.  We're always looking for ways to improve Pinterest surfaces, so we really appreciate your thoughts. 👍

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Thanks for the great feedback and being a part of the Business Community, Lisa! We'll pass this along to our safety team for review.  We're always looking for ways to improve Pinterest surfaces, so we really appreciate your thoughts. 👍

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestJanice Hi there thanks for sharing - it truly is just a thought but I am having similar problems with images that I have purchased et al. Curious as to what other people are thinking as simply stating a problem isn't the way to solve the problem.

I love the community the people here are awesome and I love hearing their thoughts on all things Pinterest.

Lisa😀

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love this, @therealsouthamerica. We appreciate the feedback and love having you as a member of our community! ❤️ 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica    What an interesting & innovative solution to what appears to be a major issue Lisa! I recently found several of my pins had been hijacked/stolen and have it on my list of things to do / take care of.

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I would like protection for the person who reports stolen pins as well. I can't explain it but I've reported suspicious activity twice and both times my account went haywire after. A week or more ago I reported a stolen pin of mine that was redirecting to some other site. Let's assume that the person whom I reported knows it was me who reported him/her. Who else would report them? Shortly thereafter story pins didn't work for me. Then my my website was de-verified after being fine for a year. Now I can't seen descriptions as I type them on mobile into new pins and the spot to add my URL is obscured by suggestions for three other accounts. I literally can't see the add a website button on mobile. My metrics are all over the place. I have pins that lose 5K impressions overnight. And my audience has dropped by 100,000 in two days after growing constantly for six weeks. How am I not supposed to think that the same person that stole my pin is now messing with my account or even worse that they work within the Pinterest system?  Everyday it's been a new issue with my account since I reported someone. I honestly never want to report a stolen pin again. I've gotten responses to my help tickets but most of the issues remain open or unresolved.

1 Kudo