Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Conversions

CoachAJUSA
Just visiting
Labels (5)

Hi everyone,

So, I have been using the story pins lately and am getting a lot of impressions. Prior to that I had some videos go viral and shoot my account through the roof. I make sure that I add new posts to my boards and post to my story now at least 3-4x per week. Some of my story pins hit 12k impressions, engagement has gone up nearly 700%. I will soon be launching my first ad on the platform, any thoughts on that? I want to see how the ad will convert for one component of my business then re-purpose to create another ad for another part of my business.

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @CoachAJUSA, welcome to the community! Love to hear that you're seeing a lot of success with Story Pins. 🤗Would love to hear some suggestions from other folks in the community about launching ads for the first time on Pinterest. Tagging in a few folks who might be able to share their thoughts/tips: @therealsouthamerica, @AmericanoCrystals, @fashionayasha, @heroine_nyc. 🤞

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
14 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @CoachAJUSA, welcome to the community! Love to hear that you're seeing a lot of success with Story Pins. 🤗Would love to hear some suggestions from other folks in the community about launching ads for the first time on Pinterest. Tagging in a few folks who might be able to share their thoughts/tips: @therealsouthamerica, @AmericanoCrystals, @fashionayasha, @heroine_nyc. 🤞

2 Kudos
CoachAJUSA
Just visiting

Hi Gabby, 

Yes, I would like to hear as well. I am planning on running an ad very soon. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@CoachAJUSA @PinterestGabby Hi there thank you for the tag! I run ads all the time they have been great for traffic and other areas of my site that I like to promote. I generally run ads when I write new posts and want to promote them. My budget is not huge (yet) but using the ads to boost my pins|posts and using the ads to promote other things like my podcast | vimeo tv have really helped. Another good thing with Pinterest Ads & Campaigns you can choose a friendly budget and you can stop and start them at anytime. I used the Create Audience to capture similar audiences that engaged with my other ads previously in addition to capturing a new audience. One of the things I also really like about Pinterest Ads they stay focused and don't allow people to run random ads and ensure that the ads meet Pinterest Requirements.

The Truth 👉Your Numbers will definitely go up no questions asked regardless of budget if the Pin is good and people are responding your ad will enhance the Pin and the numbers will keep going up.

If you are new to Pinterest Ads I would suggest checking out Pinterest Academy I did some of the short courses about Campaigns | Ads et al. and it helped me a lot.

Can't say enough good things about Pinterest Ads.

I hope this helps a little - Glad your here! Lisa😁

1 Kudo
CoachAJUSA
Just visiting

Hi @therealsouthamerica 

Thanks for the input and insight, it's always good to hear how it goes from others that are building too. I've been using Pinterest now as a business a year or so, but this year really deep dived into it and I see it being a hidden gem for businesses of any sizes looking to grow organically and rapidly. I love it! I posted a pin last night and it hit 4,500 impressions. I have some story pins really hitting. I am definitely going to check out the academy before launching the ads as I want to convert into subscribers too. Thanks again and thanks also to @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@CoachAJUSA Hi there Yes I definitely understand on the Story Pins I did one today and it hit 8.2K it was me doing Push Ups in the gym.....they seem to get a lot of views I use Video | Audio for my Story Pins - but when I really want to Promote a Post on my blog et al. I use the ads. Fitness does extremely well on Pinterest.

If your ever interested in writing a piece for https://realsouthamericanliving.com/southamericafit please let me know I would love to include your expertise on Fitness all aspects all credit to you and your welcome to share links et al. 👉In Fitness Knowledge Is Powerful

We are on the same wave length with Subscribers which is tough for me but making the Conversion from Pinterest Ad to Subscriber is definitely getting easier.

P.S. Just followed you ❤️Love Your Boards

Please let me know how you do - Lisa😁

2 Kudos
CoachAJUSA
Just visiting
1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@PinterestGabby  Thank you for tagging me !

Dear @CoachAJUSA first of all I wish you the luck on your business. @therealsouthamerica  already mentioned most of the things I would love to say. But I can add this:

Before creating an ad on Pinterest, it’s worth first considering the kind of audience your business caters to and how the social media platform might work for your content marketing strategy. If you don’t know who you’re going to be targeting, you might end up wasting your time and money.

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@AmericanoCrystals Hi there I agree but that is the beauty of Pinterest Academy it goes into detail about Audience Creation and there are a number of them - I don't believe the ads are a waste of time and if done properly are actually a valuable tool because they provide insight into what works for that particular business. As I already know on Pinterest all accounts in business are different and require different attention what works for one may not work for another. In my case, when I create a post the ads help provide exposure to my post and ultimately to my site ..... that's kind of the point and I don't expect ads to provide instant gratification in terms of 'sales' people will buy and use products and services as they see fit. I believe that trying is always a good thing if you don't try you don't know. Lisa😁

2 Kudos
CoachAJUSA
Just visiting

Of Course, I agree @AmericanoCrystals 

0 Kudos