Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Content Claiming Portal - best practices

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've read about the content claiming portal at https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/get-started-with-the-content-claiming-portal and I have access to the portal. I am wondering what the best practices are in terms of intent. For example, is the content claiming portal designed to eliminate an original pin I made that no longer fits my brand? I'm talking about things like logos, color, quality, resolution, and size. I use the DCMA form to file take downs for stolen pins but what about stuff I just don't like anymore? Artists develop over time and their skill set, interests, products, and views change overtime. I've also run into the situation where I've deleted the original pin I made from my website, Pinterest boards, and my computer. The original file no longer exists and only a repin on someone else's board exists. What's the best practice for eliminating content like that or a pin that features a discontinued product? 

Any ideas @PinterestGabby  ?

Chris

pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @theburntsunsetnovel! Thanks for the questions around the Content Claiming Portal. The intention of the Content Claiming Portal is for creators who have exclusive rights to content created and want control over how their content appears on Pinterest. If you'd like to block any of your images from appearing on Pinterest, you can use the new portal to ask our team to do that. Here's a link to our Help Center for more information and please let me know if you have any other questions!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @theburntsunsetnovel! Thanks for the questions around the Content Claiming Portal. The intention of the Content Claiming Portal is for creators who have exclusive rights to content created and want control over how their content appears on Pinterest. If you'd like to block any of your images from appearing on Pinterest, you can use the new portal to ask our team to do that. Here's a link to our Help Center for more information and please let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos