Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Choosing the BEST keywords

simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey there PBC community! I'm Tabby with Simple Pin Media and we're one of the Pinterest Pioneers here in the PBC ❤️

I wanted to take a minute to talk about a little trick I like to use when choosing the best keywords for our Pin titles/descriptions, and board titles/descriptions. 

Using great keywords on Pinterest is super important because they will help you get seen by more Pinners in the most effective way! By adding great keywords, you're helping Pinterest know exactly who to put your Pins in front of 😆 Check out Pinterest Best Practices here

So, how do you find the best keywords? 

📌Search Pinterest to find inspiration in your niche

📌Think about what your avatar searches for in that search bar

📌 Create a list of 10-20 of your core keywords for your business

📌Use Pinterest's Trends tool to narrow down the best keywords for that Pin or board ⬇️

You probably already know about the amazing Trends tool Pinterest provides inside your Pinterest account. You can find it by clicking on 'Analytics' --> 'Trends'

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 1.59.58 PM.png

Let's say you're trying to title a new board with the perfect keywords and it's all about Birthday Cakes. Titling it Birthday Cakes is ok but you could get more specific to give your title a boost!

Here's how: 

First...

📌 Using the Trends tool, type in Birthday Cake and select when you see it pop up in the dropdown. You'll see a graph of how often that keyword phrase is searched

📌Next, start adding adjectives that give Birthday Cake more character such as best, pretty, colorful, fun, etc., and select all that appear in the dropdown (you can select up to 4 at a time)

📌Compare the keyword phrases to choose the best performing keywords for your title! 

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 2.27.17 PM.png

 As you can see Pretty Birthday Cakes is a great option 😎

The sky's the limit! Try it out and see how you can improve your Pin/board descriptions and titles 🎉

14 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia 

This was very helpful Tabby I have used Trends Tool before but like Michael I hadn't thought of using it this way before.

Lisa

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia  I guess I haven't actually thought of using the Trends tool like this before, thank you for sharing this, Tabby!

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks, @michaelbliss 🙂 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia 

This was very helpful Tabby I have used Trends Tool before but like Michael I hadn't thought of using it this way before.

Lisa

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood So glad it was insightful to you! Thanks, Lisa! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
corriellington
Posts regularly

@simplepinmedia THANK YOU for this little golden nugget!  I have read and used the trends page so many times but had NEVER REALIZED there was an interactive search bar at the top!  Wow that is a game changer!

3 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Awesome to hear that, @corriellington!

-Tabby

1 Kudo