Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Change In Pinterest Impressions / Saves Massive Drop In Traffic

SeaPinch
Just visiting

Hi 

Has anyone experiences anything similar to this ?

All Impressions / Saves / have gone down All ORGANIC

SeaPinch_0-1637921001157.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @SeaPinch 

I visited your account and here's what I noticed which is why you're not getting high engagement.

1. Your account is not optimized correctly. There are six areas on your account you need to properly SEO.

2. Your product descriptions has some sort of coding that should not be there. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-27 at 2.32.11 PM.png

 3. Start creating IDEA PINS 

Click here to learn more https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/tuesday-tips-how-to-create-idea-pins/td-p/25831

0 Kudos
tiatrends
Just visiting

Hi there, @pinterestmarketingexpert 
I have also experienced something similar to this original poster where I've had a sudden drop in impressions

tiatrends_0-1638124525367.png

If you don't mind, could you also visit my profile and tell me what I'm doing wrong? That would be greatly appreciated.
My profile: TIA Trends - Pinterest

0 Kudos
SeaPinch
Just visiting

Hi @pinterestmarketingexpert 

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate further on the 6 areas of SEO

Also in respect to the issues on the coding it keeps pulling this in from the daily Shopify feed it pulls in and need to speak to our developer about why this is happening?

Also @tiatrends not sure also but maybe lets see what @pinterestmarketingexpert says

Thanks

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @tiatrends 

I visited your Pinterest page as per your request. I typically need to see your backend to see how your content is performing but from what I see in public view here's what you need to do in order for you to succeed on Pinterest:

1. There is a ton of competition on Pinterest. Explain in your about section what makes you different or unique from others. 

2. There are three areas you need to master on Pinterest:

a. Keywords

For example this board is not optimized: https://www.pinterest.com/tiatrends/whats-in-your-cart/

Failing to optimize your board title and board description will not help you get found. No one will search for the board title you used. 

There are a total of six areas on Pinterest you have to inject SEO juice. 

b. Images

On the Standard Pins you created make sure you highlighted the benefits of your product. Think "WIIFM". What's in it for your customers? Why should they buy your stuff? Saying your coats are cozy or saying your boots are cute will not suffice. 

You need to start creating Idea Pins. Make sure you use video on your first card and use best practices such as tagging, etc. 

c. Ads

You need to invest in ads. You are competing for more eyeballs on Pinterest. There are plenty of creators excelling with Idea Pins and now Pinterest has introduced Pinterest TV, you'll need to step it up so you get noticed. 

I hope that helps.  

3 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @PinterestJazmin @SeaPinch wants me to elaborate on the SEO.

As you know Pinterest's help center does not explain in this in great detail. May I share with them my own resources that I've created through my business website? Otherwise if you have this information on your end please help them out. Thanks 

2 Kudos
SeaPinch
Just visiting

That would be great

0 Kudos
tiatrends
Just visiting

@pinterestmarketingexpert 
very insightful advice! thank you very much

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

You're so welcome @tiatrends Thanks for saying thanks:) 

1 Kudo