Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Cannot Edit/Delete Catalog Feed

goldendealsshop1
Just visiting

Cannot Edit/Delete Catalog Feed

I have a catalog feed that I need to remove but I can´t, as the active/inactive button is greyed and the edit(pencil) is inactive. I cannot unlink it from woocommerce nor edit it on WC as the message suggests.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pinterestfeed.jpg

4 Kudos
8 Replies
Rachel_Vogeleisen

I have got exactly the same issue did you manage to solve it?

Thank you

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @goldendealsshop1 and @Rachel_Vogeleisen and welcome to the PBC!

With these types of integrations (WooCommerce and Shopify), any changes to the catalogue need to be made on the integration platform side. If you'd like to remove the WooCommerce catalogue, you'll need to do it on WooCommerce side.

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm working on a client's account who just switched to Shopify from WooCommerce and I was faced with this same issue.  I'm unable to delete the feed without, but I figured out a way to toggle the "Active" button off.  Here's what I did:

1. Go to Catalogs on Pinterest, Right-click on the "Active" toggle switch on your unwanted catalog and Click “Inspect”

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.41.26 AM.png

1. In your browser inspect section, Remove the “disabled” attribute by double clicking on it and then removing it

Screen Shot 2022-06-01 at 10.44.00 AM.png

1. Now even though it's stilled grayed out, you can now click the toggle to off to pause the catalog.
3 Kudos
DreamTuscolana

thehalcyonhive, Great work around! Hope it solves the issue for good.

@Pinterest staff SHAME ON YOU! this is just unacceptable. I'm having the same issue described above. My client changed to Shopify and the WP site is GOOONNNNEEEEEEEE. Does this mean that he cannot use Pinterest anymore? I tried to contact you but your customer service is just as bad as your solution of this issue. NOBODY has ever replied. Solve this little bug so people won't have to create workarounds.

Cheers!

2 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @DreamTuscolana, welcome to the PBC.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we apologize for this situation. I’ve passed your feedback along to our internal team so we can better improve this process.

0 Kudos
thespicyunicorn

I hope this helps someone, but I found a solution by going into the WordPress plugin and then disconnecting my Pinterest account within the plugin settings. Once I did that, I returned to my Business Hub, and the Woocommerce catalog was removed. I was then able to add my new XML data feed instead. Cheers, and good luck!

0 Kudos
bulldogbazar

This problem still exists on 2023, pinterest is really terrible....

0 Kudos
bulldogbazar

Thanks this works!

0 Kudos