cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Board + Section Strategy

foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@ModestHut   Feel free to post whatever questions you have about strategies here at PBC & tag me & PinterestGabby & PinterestJanice in the posts. I'll do my best to help you in a timely fashion & I'm sure the 2 managers will as well 🙂

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: St. Patrick's Day & Easter & Earth Day
0 Kudos
mindbodyabode
Just visiting

Simone @foodiehomechef - I had to chime in here! Its amazing to know that Pinterest works SO much better for you than other platforms. As I, too, would love having reason to utilize Pinterest as my number one place (because lets face it...its my super secret big dream). I'd love to know of any insights or best tips you've found through your journey. Whether in this thread, a brand new one or through a message! 

*crossing fingers*

Ash | Alternative Home, Interior & Land Designer
Follow MINDBODYABODE for inspiration!
2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@mindbodyabode   Saving this post of yours Ash, regarding best tips/insights, to answer over the weekend when I have a bit more time 😊

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Problem-solver

@mindbodyabode @ModestHut   After giving this some thought I don't really have too many insights or tips for the both of you. The reason is... is that my niche is so much different than yours, being in the Food lane I'm not sure that my tips would translate well for your niche.

There is one tip I have that may work for you & that is to always be about 2 to 2 1/2 months ahead of the game when you're planning your pinning schedule. For instance I start pinning items for Halloween in mid-August & generally stop by the first week in October. Why? Because it takes time for your pins to show up in search & also people start planning their holidays ahead of time & that procedure give them time to find your pins & to shop if need be.

Also a lot of folks use (like me) Tailwind to schedule their pins weeks in advance. If you're not on Tailwind you should give it a try... it saves you soooo much time! Their a small learning curve at the beginning, but they have videos to help you. Here's a free 30 day trial for you & after the trial, if you sign up you'll get a $15.00 credit: https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/foodiehomechef

Another suggestion is to utilize your other Social Media platforms to advertise links to your pins on Pinterest.

I use the Milo Tree pop-up at my site to add to my Pinterest followers & for Facebook & adding to your email list too. Before using Milo Tree I used to get about 1 to 3 followers a day. Since starting Milo Tree about 4 months ago, I'm now up to 9 to 15 per day. You can see the pop-up at my site: https://foodiehomechef.com - Here's my referral link for you to try it out free for 30 days: https://milotree.com/?rfsn=4175666.e333a4

Anything further... what I'd rather do is have you just ask questions here at PBC & if I have the answer I'll chime in!

0 Kudos
mindbodyabode
Just visiting

Hi Simone @foodiehomechef ! Apologies for the late note, but THANK YOU for writing this 🙂 Its actually interesting to know that because we differ in industries, tips would differ. But I like knowing that insight, it has me thinking about what may be helpful just as part of my own niche. So its expanding my thinking. 

I certainly hadn't known it can take a couple of months for the pin to really activate and circulate well. I thought pinning early was all about those early planners 😉 I also love your input about helpful apps/plugins. I'll need to ponder some other ideas as I'm such a penny saver in my business right now - I need to earn some before I spend some! But thank you, I'll keep these links in my back pocket for when the time is right. Crossing fingers for all that soon.

Thanks a bundle!

1 Kudo
mindbodyabode
Just visiting

What a good point you make, @ModestHut - I, too, have tried looking for answers elsewhere but finally I found this community of fellow Pinterest-lovers and wah-lah: answers I can run with! So, I'm glad you're here 🙂 

I'll also add here that I'm in awe of your instagram account (and holy cow 168k followers - how did you do that?!). But am so impressed to know you've already had better luck on Pinterest (followed you by the way 😉). This story of yours is so interesting to me because we revolve around the same industry. I'm a designer, but am having quite the trouble growing awareness around the business. So, I'd love to stay in touch in some way, perhaps collaborate or simply become friends 🙂 

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Thanks for tagging @PinterestGabby !

Hello!  @mindbodyabode 

I tottally agree with @foodiehomechef  and @mindbodyabode 

Creating sections can help you clean up your boards and can help your audience find the exact pin from you.You can section your boards and create sub-niche topics or you can look at your blog niche and see what main topics you have on your blog. For example I have a board named ETSY Shop and I have sections in this board which are mini boards of my products that I sell on Etsy.

Hope that can be helpful 🙂

3 Kudos
mindbodyabode
Just visiting

Hey there, Sophia @AmericanoCrystals! Interesting idea to let the boards/sections directly match the subject of a blog. I like that! It helps solidify consistency from Pinterest to what one would expect once they reach your website. It has me thinking that boards/sections could even be utilized like a blog's specific set of categories/tags!(?) Hmm, something to ponder. Thanks for that one, my friend!

And your Etsy idea is a super good one, too. A very creative solution to have one platform help your goal on another. I'll need to grab my notepad and brainstorm some additional ideas along those lines..

This is getting exciting 🙂 I appreciate ya!

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@mindbodyabode Hey Ash!

Yeah, Pinterest is very interesting platform that we can organize your posts in variety ways.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jeswes
Posts regularly

I think it’s helpful to viewers who are looking for a specific thing to have everything organized into sub-boards. But It’s much easier to organize when you’re getting started on a new account.

For me, it was implemented years after I joined and by then I was already thousands of pins deep. And the very thought of having to organize them was a big huge NOPE!

I did make sub-boards for Patterns and Holidays- mostly for my own benefit, so when I am actually looking for something I can actually find it. But the Wedding board, forget it! Me and interested viewers will have to deal with that disorganized mess! If someone wants a cake idea, good luck to them! 🤣

Also when I am on a pinning spree, I actually hate having to do the extra click and scroll to look for the sub-board. Sometimes my pins in “Patterns” just gets saved to the general board instead of a sub-section. If I am ever feeling up to it, I might organize them into where they belong. But I also say that about the junk in my spare room. 

2 Kudos