Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Board + Section Strategy

wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly
Labels (5)

Hey! How have you organized your boards and sections? And what helped you come to that sort of organization?

Other insightful questions for you, if you're willing.. 😎

I'm currently unaware of Pinterest's preference of what titles/topics should be a board vs a section, so any tips are welcome! I understand everything needs to use powerful keywords strategically, but is there a strategy to organizing it all? Better to have more boards or more sections? If it's better to keep more topics separated, then what are the big takeaway advantages to sections? When do you find it necessary to use boards with sections vs breaking those sections out to boards? Do you mix the strategy: some just boards and pins within vs. other boards with many sections? 

These are just questions to brainstorm and ponder. I'm simply interested in what you have decided to do (and why)!

6 Kudos
30 Replies
wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Hey there, Sophia @AmericanoCrystals! Interesting idea to let the boards/sections directly match the subject of a blog. I like that! It helps solidify consistency from Pinterest to what one would expect once they reach your website. It has me thinking that boards/sections could even be utilized like a blog's specific set of categories/tags!(?) Hmm, something to ponder. Thanks for that one, my friend!

And your Etsy idea is a super good one, too. A very creative solution to have one platform help your goal on another. I'll need to grab my notepad and brainstorm some additional ideas along those lines..

This is getting exciting 🙂 I appreciate ya!

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@wildlifeelathome Hey Ash!

Yeah, Pinterest is very interesting platform that we can organize your posts in variety ways.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@wildlifeelathome @PinterestGabby  Hey Ash, going to answer this post more fully tomorrow morning... but I wanted to give you the link to a post I made here at PBC regarding how to add your signature to your post: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/add-your-signature-with-links-to-your-pbc-posts/m-p/...

1 Kudo
ShaundaNecoleBlog
Just visiting

📌 Thanks for tagging me in @PinterestGabby . 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Mornin' Ash, the only tweak I'd make to my previous answers is when you're waiting for a pin to show up in Pinterest search results. That could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a couple of months... depending on how much "action" your pin is receiving.

Oh yes... your Pinterest account is an ever evolving creation for sure!

Just went over to your Pinterest page & I just love the concepts you're embracing! I followed you while I was at it 😊

Everything looks pretty good, my only suggestion is to rename your board called "My Blog Posts" naming it after your blog name AND drag it into the first position on your page (right after the "All Pins" board. That way anyone who visits your Pinterest account will be able to easily find your own stuff & hopefully visit your blog!

2 Kudos
wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Ah, I didn't even think to search for my own pins to see how it when they pop up - nice extra @foodiehomechef !

And thanks, of course, for the super kind words. You're encouragement means a whole lot. I'm following you right back 😉

I'm off to go change that board name! 

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Mornin' Ash, thanks for following me back❣️ I've also "friended" you here at PBC 😊

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wildlifeelathome Ash! Do you need help getting your signature hyperlinked or were the instructions that @foodiehomechef sufficient? Let me know. 🙂 

1 Kudo
wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Awe thanks for following up @PinterestGabby ! I read that entire thread from Simone's original instructions. I made the edit, but the setting only saved what I had before the hyperlink text. So I figured it didn't stick because my account wasn't yet approved for same. Though, if that's not the case - I'd love some extra help to finish this up 🤓 

And @foodiehomechef - so glad we're friends here now!! 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@wildlifeelathome  Yeah I think you might be right as to needing to be approved for a signature Ash, but @PinterestGabby can tell you for sure if that's the case.

I'm glad we're friends here too 😊

1 Kudo