Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Best ways to curate high quality posts?

typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hi all,

As a content creator and curator, I'm always on the lookout for high quality posts to repin to my boards for my followers. I used to use the 'embed' feature to check how many repins a pin had received, as well as checking where the link directs etc, before pinning it to my account. 

It looks like that feature has now been removed. Is there any other way to make sure you're pinning only high quality, well shared pins? Searching doesn't always bring up high quality results. 

Would love any insight on this.

Thank you,

Charlotte 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical hi there below is a response that I sent to @TheTinyHouseFarm if your interested I do this as much as is humanly possible of course and sounds like you do your research but I thought I would share anyways.

I absolutely check where the pins will lead to including if time permits what kind of information is available from the link on the pin for example if its about journaling I will check the pin and if the person who posted that pin has an insta or a website I will go there to see what other kinds of information is available and have a look at who this other Pinner is especially on another platform.

I think that is a good practice of course some pins will get through without being checked but I  do think its helpful for the people who follow your boards since you are providing inspiration and information all rolled into one pin and of course you want those same pinners to follow you elsewhere for example your website | blog | podcast and that means that they need to trust you. If they know your looking out for their awesome pinning experience they will in turn follow you | save | re-pin and best of all keep coming back.

Hope that helps remember these are just my thoughts always do what works best for you and your business.

Lisa😊

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical hi there below is a response that I sent to @TheTinyHouseFarm if your interested I do this as much as is humanly possible of course and sounds like you do your research but I thought I would share anyways.

I absolutely check where the pins will lead to including if time permits what kind of information is available from the link on the pin for example if its about journaling I will check the pin and if the person who posted that pin has an insta or a website I will go there to see what other kinds of information is available and have a look at who this other Pinner is especially on another platform.

I think that is a good practice of course some pins will get through without being checked but I  do think its helpful for the people who follow your boards since you are providing inspiration and information all rolled into one pin and of course you want those same pinners to follow you elsewhere for example your website | blog | podcast and that means that they need to trust you. If they know your looking out for their awesome pinning experience they will in turn follow you | save | re-pin and best of all keep coming back.

Hope that helps remember these are just my thoughts always do what works best for you and your business.

Lisa😊

2 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Fab thanks @therealsouthamerica ! Some good tips here.  I recently realised I had shared a few spam pins by accident to one or two boards. Definitely don't want to redirect followers to misleading websites. Plus, it's never great as a content creator to see stolen pins ranking higher than your original content so I try to check everything if time permits 🙂

- Charlotte

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@typicallytopical I learned my lesson with a particular pin so from that point on I decided to start not just checking the pin but also in some cases the Pinner. Time is always a problem but I think its worth it. I'm glad to be able to help.

Lisa 😊

2 Kudos
TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting

@typicallytopical I can sure see how that would be valuable. I do that now when I get a message from someone. I have such a small amount of time to participate in social media, it is hard to remember to be more selective when I go through pins and see things I love. Good tip!!

0 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hola @typicallytopical.!

Another way I make sure the I'm re-pinning amazing content is by closely watching the "Following space" which is where I find pins from people who I follow. I follow them because I trust and love their content and know that my clients would appreciate that too! It's a quick tip for when you don't have the time to check where each pin leads although that is highly recommended. This method is for that 1% when you're in a rush! 

Of course this only helps when you know you're following the right people and boards!

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Girl Meets The World

1 Kudo