Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Best Practices for Original Content vs. Re-Pins

farmhousedecorart
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I'm experimenting with the ratios of original pins vs. re-pins of supporting content, and I'd love your feedback/thoughts/experiences. What ratio of your original pins vs. re-pins do you use to balance your account and not seem so spammy and self-promoting?

6 Kudos
5 Replies
fortyyoung
Just visiting

Is there a spot to finding out where your ratio is? 

0 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

Hey, 

In all honesty, I don't believe their is a certain ratio you should hit. I truly believe it depends on your audience and what they respond to. happy and engaged. I'm still experimenting and learning! 

1 Kudo
humankinetics
Just visiting

We don't do many repins at all -- while I do hope our pins provide people with good information/content they can use it's (hopefully) clear to Pinterest users that business are in fact trying to sell their products, and we certainly make it known that we hope they enjoy our content enough to buy the book! . 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Most of people advice re-pin more than your own content but I try to post mostly my original pins. I think it is better to create original content of your niche and be consistent. It really helped me to grow my audience.

1 Kudo
vamicreations1
Posts regularly

@farmhousedecorart I've found that doing both helps a lot.  In repining, you're also showing your readers pins that will help them, even if it isn't your product or website.  Having boards that are for your product/website should always be your primary but you should also have other boards specifically covering topics that your audience would like.  Pinterest has a number of analytics that can also show you what other topics your readers/followers are looking for and will help pull more followers your way. 🙂

For instance, while I tend to do more craft items and DIY for handmade items, my readers also like a lot of Home DIY and food tips/DIY so I also have two boards for those.  This helps my followers with more of their interests while allowing another way for people to discover more of my website/product boards. 

Hope this helps. 🙂

Michele

1 Kudo