Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Are these the keywords to focus?

strawcouture
Just visiting
Labels (2)

Are these the keywords to focus? Pinterest has always talked about using google analytics. It helps us find a pin that fits our best target keywords. I recorded these 2 short videos about using that best pin. Here this is the case. The videos explain better what I am asking about. Please watch! Thank you. @strawcouture

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice  

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jenniferppriest
Just visiting

Yes, this can be kind of perplexing to figure out 🙂

Okay, so you have multiple keywords there ... (you mention Pinterest says to use Google Analytics? I'd love to know where you saw that ...)

First, it's probably a good idea to break these keywords up and search for them on Pinterest - what do you see when you first type them into the search bar here on Pinterest? It is likely that only a couple of the phrases are sending traffic and are terms people are actually searching for. If nothing relevant comes up in the drop down menu as you are typing in the search bar then that's probably a phrase you can disregard.

Hope that helps! @jenniferppriest @smartcreativesocial

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
jenniferppriest
Just visiting

Yes, this can be kind of perplexing to figure out 🙂

Okay, so you have multiple keywords there ... (you mention Pinterest says to use Google Analytics? I'd love to know where you saw that ...)

First, it's probably a good idea to break these keywords up and search for them on Pinterest - what do you see when you first type them into the search bar here on Pinterest? It is likely that only a couple of the phrases are sending traffic and are terms people are actually searching for. If nothing relevant comes up in the drop down menu as you are typing in the search bar then that's probably a phrase you can disregard.

Hope that helps! @jenniferppriest @smartcreativesocial

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @strawcouture and @jenniferppriest! Pinterest does not have an external keyword planner like Google, however, you can definitely leverage keyword targeting in which you can use match types and negative keywords to target Pinners’ search terms with even more precision. Hope this helps! 🤞

0 Kudos
strawcouture
Just visiting

Hi @jenniferppriest 

Sorry for the late reply. I found these keywords on Google Analytics. Did you get to watch my video seen above? It shows how I found it step-by-step. Thank you so much for your reply. It means so much to me.

Lenore 🙂🙂🙂

1 Kudo
strawcouture
Just visiting

Hi @jenniferppriest 

Sorry for the late reply. I've been watching a lot of helpful YouTube Pinterest videos. They have said to look in your Google analytics. I found this data in my social stats in my Google analytics under acquisition, scroll down to social, and then overview. BTW this is how I found your Facebook group.

Lenore 🙂

1 Kudo
jem3153
0 Kudos