cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ads recommendation beta feature

cleverbloom
Just visiting

Hi!

My question is about the new Ads recommendation feature that is in beta. I've noticed that some of the recommendations pop up within 2-5 days of running a conversion campaign. This goes against prior best practices to not make any changes in the "learning period". Can anyone speak to this? Is it suggested to follow recommendations regardless of time periods?

Thank you!

1 Kudo
5 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cleverbloom we didn't forget about you!! This is a fantastic question -- I've shared with both product and our support teams and looking to get some further clarification I can share back with you. Stay tuned and THANK YOU for your patience! 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

Based on my experience working with Pinterest Ads Managers at Pinterest is that anything in beta should be ignored. In fact many of the recommendations are not realistic since the tool does not even know what your strategy is, etc. "Learning Period" is typically 21 days when you're just starting with  ads but it's not necessary for future campaign. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cleverbloom Hey there! Wanted to follow-up here. The learning period is 48-72 hours, or 2-3 days. We went ahead and flagged this to engineering to have them take a look at. Even though you initially reached out a couple months ago, we want to ensure this isn't potentially a bug happening to others. 

@pinterestmarketingexpert thanks for jumping in to help! It actually sounds like you may be referring to two different definitions. For conversion campaigns, the learning period is just for the first couple of days where we recommend the campaign to run without any editing. LMK if that makes sense or if you have any follow-up questions. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Loves to help

Hey @PinterestGabby The learning mode is 14 to 21 days based on the amount of budget you spend on Promoted pins.  The more budget the faster it can learn your business.

1 Kudo
cleverbloom
Just visiting

That's what our reps tell us as well @pinterestmarketingexpert 

1 Kudo