Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

A few of my favorite things about Pinterest | And how I used them

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

What's your favorite thing about Pinterest and how do you use it?

In the interest of keeping it light this week with the unrest out there, I'm going to list three things I like about Pinterest and how I use it.

1. Sorting: I love how everything has a home. I'll admit I'm a picker upper. My favorite thing about Pinterest is the ability to sort ideas by boards.

2. One Click: Like no other platform, Pinterest seems to have the easiest way to go from liking something to buying it. It's great that we can click on a pin and end up on the website where we can find out more.

3. Diversity: When uniformity is idolized, diversity is paralyzed. Pinterest is all sort of different people doing all sorts of different things. It's hard to beat that.

About Me: I write dystopian apocalyptic fantasy novels. I use Pinterest to pin original flash fiction, art, poetry, lyrics, quotes, videos, and stories. I also have a couple boards that pay homage with original pins to works in my same genre. I call it excellence by association. If you like Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Harry Potter you'll devour The Burnt Sunset.

https://www.pinterest.com/theburntsunsetnovel/ 

Chris

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @foodiehomechef! Just sent you a PM asking for more details. 

Loved reading your responses, btw, @therealsouthamerica and @AmericanoCrystals❤️

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
10 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

#favoritethingsaboutpinterest❤️

My Responses

1. Board Cover Creations: I adore creating Board Covers its one of my favorite things to do with Pinterest because it allows me to be creative with my content and to really give my account|boards a unique and persoanlized feel to them.

2. Mobile Pinterest: I love viewing Pinterest on both Android and iPhone - the Pins look fantastic.

3. Viewers & Viewers: I love that Pinterest is about the views in addition to followers - for someone like me who is still earning followers (takes times) its awesome that I can have a large viewership and I am not judged by the number of followers like other social media.

4. Communities - I love that Pinterest has the business community and a whole lot of great people to go along with it.

About Me:

I write | blog | podcast from Barranquilla, Colombia  

We are a blended family of Canadian and American and I am a full time mom, wife, fitness enthusiast, travel connoisseur & I have been known to dabble on my skateboard...Alot!. I decided to create a website | blog | Podcast to tell the truth about living in South America - Its not what you think!

I have lived in Europe | South America | North America with my base being Toronto | Whitby Ontario. I speak Italian | I studied in French | Learning Spanish.

Things I always travel with: my skateboard, checkered vans Red White Blue (got these when we lived in the South Bay)  yoga mat, music and my favorite book.

So, this is me🙃 - for someone as old as me I have earned my 'cred' at the skatepark -

Aspiration to skate the bowl in Venice Beach

My Skateboard❤️My Skateboard❤️7D9E7339-E23C-4F73-86E0-2D6420B315D7_1_201_a.jpeg

https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427/

Lisa

4 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@theburntsunsetnovel @PinterestGabby - I have responded to your question and I really hope other people will also respond.

Thank You For Asking❤️

Lisa 🇨🇴🇺🇸🇨🇦

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for starting this thread, @theburntsunsetnovel. We could all use a little positivity with everything going on in our world right now, that's for sure. I'm going to share this in our 'Introduce yourself' thread and see if other folks will want to chime in here. Thank you. ❤️

Update: we just created a new post about this 🙂 

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

1. I love that Pinterest is basically an image driven search engine & is fun to use... and I'll have to admit ADDICTIVE! Being a Professional Graphic Designer (now retired) Pinterest is perfect for me.

2. The fact that Pinterest sends me 90% of my blog traffic & that's more than all my other social media accounts combined. Some days I even ask myself why I bother with Facebook & Twitter!

3. Being a very organized person... Pinterest is right up my alley. The use of boards to organize everything is beyond brilliant & allows the user to easily find the pins they've saved.

About me: I've been cooking & creating recipes since I was on my teens (1960's) & I love to cook, I find it very relaxing. I'm an artist in my heart of hearts and after leaving the workforce in the late 90's I started a graphic design business online, which I've retired from a couple of years ago. Then I went full circle and started my food blog/website & discovered Pinterest! I hope you'll visit my Pinterest page https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef and stop by my website to pick up some fabulous tried & true recipes https://foodiehomechef.com/

Walk in Beauty, Simone ❣️

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey @theburntsunsetnovel ! Thank your the great question!

As a Pinterest Marketing Manager of Americano Crystals I have a lot of favorite things about Pinterest.

1. All in One. We’ve all heard the familiar phrase “I found it on Pinterest.” Everyone has heard it, whether it is in regard to a new recipe, bathroom design or fashion trend. It is a great platform that you can literally find anything you looking for.

2. Visuality. Humans are responding to images more than texts or articles. Marketers must now use visual content strategically if they want to grow their business. Pinterest is the perfect place where you can do it!

3. Inspiration.  The main aim of Pinterest is to inspire people! We love to share our products which inspire people the most. We don't just want to sell them our products, we want them to get inspired by our Art. We deeply believe that we are on the right platform!

About US:  We are a New York based company that manufacturing crystal products. Our mission is to make popular products more special through customized design.Our designers have a magic touch and transform everyday objects, ranging from jackets to phone cases, into works of art.

https://www.pinterest.com/AmericanoCrystals/

-Sophia-

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

I posted a long detailed message here yesterday in response to this post & it went through just fine. It was still showing last night & now it's disappeared! @PinterestGabby 

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef no worries they will fix whatever is wrong....I already know your an awesome person and I love your boards. Lisa😁✌️

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   Awww that's so nice of you to say Lisa and thanks for your compliment on my boards! I sure hope they can retrieve my post/reply as I spent about 30 minutes on it. I also copy pasted it as I went along to Windows Notepad... just in case. But once it went through successfully, I deleted it.   arrggh! lol

I won't make that mistake again, for sure.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamericaOh BTW I added you to my "Friends" here this morning 🙂

2 Kudos