Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

90% decrease in story pin impressions.

theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

Has anyone noticed a decrease in story pin impressions? After several days of consistently hitting over 8K impressions, my stories are now yielding impressions in the hundreds. Is it possible to post too many stories? Are you allotted a certain amount of stories per week? Overall, I pin less than ten pins a day, often as little as five pins, and they are originals 99% of the time. It's annoying that Pinterest keeps prompting me for story pins every time I open my mobile app, I do it, and then the pin impressions tank.

@PinterestGabby 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals 

I post stories once a day at best. The issue seems to be fixed this morning. Yesterday's story came alive late in the day and today's story is on par with normal impressions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Hi!

I also noticed a decrease on my story pins. Sometimes y pins hits 8k and over impressions but sometimes it stucks in the hundreds as well. I think it is about timing, we should post it while most of people are active on Pinterest.

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've been posting at the same time every morning for a few days. Maybe it has to do with the day, but I doubt it. Seems like another metric glitch with Pinterest or a throttle on how many stories we can post. @AmericanoCrystals how often do you post stories?

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel  Yeah maybe, I usually post 2-3 stories in a day. What about you?

0 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals 

I post stories once a day at best. The issue seems to be fixed this morning. Yesterday's story came alive late in the day and today's story is on par with normal impressions.

0 Kudos
travelmexicosolo
Just visiting

Many are experiencing it.... but no one at Pinterest (besides the bots) reply to help tickets & when people respond in these forums, they will tell you it's *your* fault for not making fresh pins & that this is a "fluctuation" (i was at 10-50K views per video pin & now down to 0-100, so calling that a fluctuation is pretty much a slap in the face.) @PinterestGabby

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovelmy video pins are also getting less impressions on these days. Hope it will be fixed soon

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@AmericanoCrystals I've seen the same thing on videos too. I followed you yesterday. You have a really good landing page on Pinterest and all of your boards, pictures, and videos are high quality. You have done a really nice job. I see some Christmas gifts for my daughter and wife there. 

1 Kudo
seriousequestrian
Just visiting

Yes those replies are particularly disheartening. I really wish Pinterest would just officially confirm that it is a known bug that they are working on. 

I am now 100% convinced that no amount of excellent new content and fresh pins could revive my flat lining impressions.

2 Kudos
muchadoaboutpets
Just visiting

Hi guys.

@theburntsunsetnovel , @seriousequestrian 

can you please let me know a bit more about how it was for you?

At what point did Pinterest stop saying it was a "normal organic fluctuation" and actually admitted it was an issue on their end?

I'm still at the point where they keep denying it...

0 Kudos