cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90% decrease in story pin impressions.

Highlighted
Just visiting

Yes those replies are particularly disheartening. I really wish Pinterest would just officially confirm that it is a known bug that they are working on. 

I am now 100% convinced that no amount of excellent new content and fresh pins could revive my flat lining impressions.

1 Kudo
Just visiting

Hi guys.

@theburntsunsetnovel , @seriousequestrian 

can you please let me know a bit more about how it was for you?

At what point did Pinterest stop saying it was a "normal organic fluctuation" and actually admitted it was an issue on their end?

I'm still at the point where they keep denying it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@muchadoaboutpets I have seen screen shots of email replies in some FB travel blogging groups I am in & also in a Reddit thread (maybe even 2 threads)...nothing from Pinterest officially. However, most people are at the point you are, where users are getting blamed for this.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@travelmexicosolo 

Thank you, it looks worse than I thought then....

So disheartening, now I'm thinking I'll be at this for months!

Sandy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Loves to help

This is the response I got after a least a dozen back and forth emails. I believe I got it on June 18th.

From Pinterest....

"I completely understand your situation!

We have come across a few partners who are facing the same issue i.e. significant drop in impressions on the pins within a day. It's one of the rare scenarios for the impressions stats to fluctuate due to technical issues.

As I mentioned earlier, we have escalated the issue to the engineering team and they are working on it. However, there is no specific timeline for the fix but please be assured it will get fixed within 8 weeks."

I think I have this right but honestly I've put tickets out there for so many broken things, I'm losing track.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@theburntsunsetnovel 

Oh wow!

Looks like I'm in for a lot of frustrating emails then...

And, after all that to receive an 8 week deadline!! 

Hoping whatever they did to fix your problem is a one size fits all solution that they'll be able to make it all back to normal at the same time or I'm guessing any chances I had of making any money off my website this year are gone.

Thank you,

Sandy

0 Kudos