Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program Workshop: FAQ Recap

Verified Merchant Program Workshop: FAQ Recap

GettyImages-1271906671.jpg

We recently hosted a Verified Merchant Program Workshop with the Pinterest team. During this event, we covered program requirements and addressed frequently asked questions and troubleshooting topics. We’ve selected a series of questions from the event to share back as an additional resource. Thank you all for attending and submitting your questions. We’ve included the video replay below for those that were unable to attend the live session.

We hope you found the workshop helpful and we look forward to covering more topics in our next event. Fill out this form to let us know what topics you want to see covered next!

️ Please be sure to rate this article if it was helpful, or leave a comment below to share feedback if you need more information. 

Do you need a minimum number of products in order to become a verified merchant? I only have a few digital products.

No, as long as your feed is ingesting or is ingested successfully, it should not be an issue.

Can you share a step by step on how to become a Merchant and link your products?

You’ll need to meet our merchant guidelines, claim your domain, install the Pinterest tag, and upload your catalog. Once you start the process, our VMP status page will guide you on the steps you need to take in order to join the program.

What are the best practices regarding product inventory to be approved as a VMP?

First, the merchant guidelines should be followed, after that, as long the majority of the product is ingesting successfully with no errors. Also note also make sure domain/s are properly claimed, if we see an inconsistency, it can be an issue. If you feel you need further assistance on this, please file a support ticket with us and we can help you. 

When will the Verified Merchant Program be available in the Czech Republic or in other countries in Europe?

Not yet available, but we're always listening! We'll announce when we expand to more countries.

Do I have to have a shop on my Wordpress website in order to become a VMP member?

Yes, and the easiest way you can do that is using the Pinterest for WooCommerce Plugin, but take note that basic requirements as mentioned in the presentation still needs to be followed. Link to plugin can be found here.

Can you have more than one Verified Merchant Account?

If you are referring to another Pinterest account (note: not an Ad account) and as long as it follows our requirements and guidelines, it should still be fine.

Can you become an VMP regardless of what e-commerce software you are running on?

Yes, as long the requirements are being followed, it should not matter what e-commerce software you are using. However, the set- up process is easier if you opt to use our partnership with either Shopify or WooCommerce. As the feed and tag will be automatically added to Pinterest for you!

What are the best practices regarding product inventory to be approved as a VMP?

In regards to inventory amount, it should not affect your approval status. As long at least 50% or more of the inventory is ingested successfully on Pinterest.

Is this option available to anyone? 

Currently, the option is only available in the following countries:

• Australia (AU)
  • Austria (AT)
  • Brazil (BR)
  • Canada (CA)
  • France (FR)
  • Germany (DE)
  • Italy (IT)
  • Mexico (MX)
  • Netherlands (NL)
  • Spain (ES)
  • Switzerland (CH)
  • United Kingdom (UK)
  • United States (US)

Outside of the countries mentioned, it is not yet available. 

Is there specific support for verified merchants if there are problems?

Reach out to us via a support ticket the same way to reach us for other business products. Here is the link to file a support ticket, each account has its own unique issues, so don't hesitate to reach out to us! 

I have multiple ad accounts, each with its own Pinterest Tag. I keep getting suspended from VMP because of the unused tags, what do I do? 

Please archive the unwanted tag and make sure that it does not fire for at least 30 days so it will become inactive, if the ad account is not used, please also remove any billing information added. If you have done the above but it still does not work, feel free to file a ticket with us and we can help you!

If I get suspended from VMP, can I still be enrolled back in the program?

Yes, as long as you fix the issue that caused you to be suspended from the program.

Help Center Articles: 

Comments
gothicoutfit

try to verify website as merchant send about 10 emails but still not reply to Pinterest !

please let me know how to contact Pinterest to verify websites ! 

Your request (11355970 NO  Reply !

Your request (11403697 No Reply !

Your request (11395247 No Reply !

Your request (11413984 No Reply !

Your request (11413987 No Reply !

Your request (11413983 No Reply !

Your request (11413988 No reply 1

Your request (11413989 No reply !

Your request (11414010: No Reply !

any one HELP Me !

StoneAgeLapidary

i want explore for VMP, but not support in my country indonesia 😞