Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Introducing Video Pin Downloading + Sharing

Introducing Video Pin Downloading + Sharing

unnamed.jpg

Attention PBC! We’re excited to share our latest Pin feature, downloading + sharing. Give your content further reach through downloading and social sharing across platforms! This feature watermarks downloaded Pins and offers social sharing options directly to Instagram and Facebook stories. 

Now, with your permission, users are able to download a full-screen video Pin by selecting “Download” from the share menu. These Pins will be downloaded as a watermarked video that displays the Creator’s name and username. Once the download finishes, you will be taken to the Facebook or Instagram app with the Story creation flow open and your watermarked Pin video pasted in. You can then edit and post your story!

If you want your Pins to be downloadable or shareable, you can opt in via permission settings. (Available on mobile iOS or Android). All static Pins are downloadable by default and do not have a watermark.

Please be sure to rate this article if it helped you, or leave a comment below if  you have feedback or need more information around this new feature. 🌟

Q: Can I still download Pins or share them directly to Instagram and Facebook stories?

A: All image Pins are downloadable but Creators must enable video Pin downloading in their settings. If creators have this feature enabled, their full-screen video Pins will be downloadable and directly shareable to other platforms with watermark. 

Q: Can I turn off or on downloads for my Pins? 

A: On Pinterest, all image Pins are always downloadable. If you would like to turn on or off download and share capabilities for your video Pins, please visit the social permissions and activity page in settings to toggle on “video Pin downloads”.

Q: What are the default settings for video Pin social sharing and downloading?

A: For video Pins, the setting is turned off by default. Creators are able to opt into their video Pins being downloadable if they choose. This setting lives in the Permissions section of Settings. Tap “Permissions” then toggle the switch next to Allow video downloads and sharing. When someone downloads your Pin, there will be a watermark featuring the original content Creator. The setting applies to all Pins by the Creator.

Q: How do I turn on or off the ability for Pinners to download or share my Video Pins?

A: If you would like anyone to be able to download your video Pins, you can turn this option on. From your profile, tap [three dots icon] then tap Settings. Tap “Permissions” then toggle the switch next to Allow video Pin Downloads and Sharing. When someone downloads your full screen video Pin, there will be a watermark featuring your account information as the original creator

Q: Can I turn off video downloading and sharing options at the Pin-level?

A: The option to share and download video Pins can only be turned on or off for all created Pins. From your profile, tap [three dots icon] then tap Settings. Tap “Permissions” then toggle the switch next to Allow video Downloads and Sharing. 

Q: If I or someone else shares my video Pin to other platforms, will those impressions and views show in my Pin Stats dashboard?

A: If Pins are shared off-platform, the views and impressions from that external surface cannot be tracked directly via your Pin Stats dashboard. The dashboard will only reflect engagement from Pinners when interacting directly with your Pin on Pinterest. 

Q: Why are some video Pins downloadable and some not?

A: Creators can make all their full-screen video Pins downloadable and shareable or not in their permission settings. Some creators will allow you to download all their full-screen video Pins, while some may have chosen to opt-out entirely. In order to download or direct share, you will also have to be on an iOS or Android mobile device. 

Q: Can I remove the watermark from the downloaded video Pin?

A: No, the watermark can’t be removed. It’s important to credit the creator of the content. 

Note: some Idea full-screen video Pins are downloadable, some are not. It’s up to the Creator to decide whether they want their content to be downloadable or not.

Comments
dogsndecor

LOVE it!!  Thank you guys!

KaileysMonogramShop

This is genius! So excited to check out and use this great feature! 

Thank you!! 

designofyourlife

Wow great idea! Is it something the user could crop out like on TikTok and IG? Zooming in so the credit is off screen happens a lot on those platforms  just curious how and where the water mark is displayed. Thanks again!

TSbyJacki

So glad I saw this. I did find the setting. I'd love to see how the option works. I do see the example, but would like to go through the process.

Who has the setting on for downloading and has an idea pin available?

I just turned mine on, but need to view another account for this.

terezatoledo

Thanks for sharing @PinterestJazmin . This is a great feature and I'm curious to see how people will use it.

foreverfriends_

@PinterestJazmin OMG, the Idea Pin Downloading + Sharing is AWESOME. I just tried the feature out by sharing one of my Idea Pins on my Instagram Story @foreverfriendsfinestationery_

texaseatsandtreats

I love this feature! Especially because Pinterest editing tools are the most friendly in my opinion. I can create here on Pinterest then share across all social media platforms which I recently started trying and love it. 

hostesstori

Has anyone recently lost the ability to download Idea Pins? I was using it often and now the option isn't showing. @PinterestJazmin 

habibmadni

Thanks, I was about to ask how I can upload my video because I was facing a problem uploading it.

There I read the detailed uploading method and I got my answer.

Now I will try it and how it goes?

Once again Thanks to PBC

Habib Madni 

katieshaffercarlisle

Is there any plan to be able to schedule idea pins? Would be super helpful!

apksoul822

Yes you can share your ideas by making pin of your interest. If you want to visit new ideas then you can visit our site https://apkssoul.com/. Thanks 

meetsaworks

Hi, it's really very helpful to use this feature of downloading. check it

Googlesports131

So glad I saw this. I did find the setting. I'd love to see how the option works. I do see the example, but would like to go through the process.

Who has the setting on for downloading and has an idea pin available?

I just turned mine on, but need to view another account for this.

manojjnp155

links to members content