Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin Updates: Camera & Stickers 📌

Pin Updates: Camera & Stickers 📌

Hi Creators, we’re excited to share the latest camera and sticker updates on Pins! These new features will make it easier for you create and inspire.  

Please be sure to rate this article if it helped you, or leave a comment below if  you have feedback or need more information around about this new feature. 🌟

Take photos in camera 📷

unnamed (2).png

Now you have the option to toggle between video recording and photo capture when starting the Pin creation process! This gives you even more operation and flexibility to create inspiring and visually compelling content, all within the Pinterest app.

A Pin is worth a thousand words, whether it’s an image or video. The best-performing content on Pinterest incorporates solid lighting, great framing, high-resolution assets or stylized effects and/or text. Most of your Pinterest audience is on their mobile device, so it's optimal to create with the aspect ratio that best captures your idea. 

Board stickers on iOS: 📌

unnamed (2).png

In the Pin creation flow, You can now add a sticker that links to your public boards! Board stickers allow you to showcase your sources of inspiration and highlight your power as a curator of inspiring ideas. Giving context to your ideas makes it easier for audiences to engage and take action! (available only on iOS)

FAQs:

What are board stickers?

Board stickers are a way to provide Creators the ability to tag their inspiration sources and related content in their Pins by linking to their own public Pinterest boards. When Pinners click on a board tag, they are directed to that board to explore that content. 

How many boards can I tag on my Pins?

Each page can have up to 5 board stickers max, and 20 board stickers max in an Idea Pin.

Which boards can I tag?

You can tag any public board that you own. Creators cannot tag private boards, or boards owned by another Creator.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Are you excited to use these new features? Let us know in the comments! 👇

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

Comments
bodymindmood

@PinterestJazmin 

Hi - I have had these for a while I have created a number of Board Stickers on Idea Pins waiting to go live they are really COOL I love that you can switch colors and change size.

They are a great addition to the Idea Pins.

@JanaOMedia I thought of you when I saw this post as you mentioned the Question Sticker which I thought was so great.

Lisa

@thehalcyonhive 

terezatoledo

I gotta try these new stickers! Thanks @PinterestJazmin 

emrycrouch

Hey @PinterestJazmin 

As far as music in the idea pin category, are we able to add our own?

BestFunGifts

Love it! But ran into a minor glitch.

Looks like we can’t change the board stickers.

While in draft, I changed my board sticker to a different board. I deleted the board sticker and replaced it with a different board sticker.

Once posted, my old board sticker (that I deleted) still showed instead of the new sticker:

https://pin.it/ubNnXFV

Not a big deal, just a heads up!

Mahalo!

EssentialsClothingBrand

How do I make these Idea Pins for my website this is a clothing site.

jenvazquezmedia

Boars stickers are my favorite as it’s the best (and easiest ) way to get more engagement. I’ve had higher engagement on idea pins with board stickers than without.

heatherfarrisco

I really love the new board sticker feature and how you can choose what size sticker you want. I also love using board stickers that have branded board covers to color drop for text customization.

JanuaryEmber22

That is a great option.

What are the chances of a timeline feature beating added? To help not “overlap text”..it is a little tedious without a timeline (improvement thoughts) 

New Font options? would be great to have some additional Font choices 🙏🏻

New “general” (other- “sound on” sticker options, DIY..etc) sticker options? 

JanaOMedia

Hello all! Are board stickers fully rolled out on Android yet? 

kokomellshre

Thanks for the beautiful versatile stickers!!:)