Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Announcing the Expanded Music Library for Pins!

Announcing the Expanded Music Library for Pins!

PinterestJoan_0-1666983096173.png

Hi Creators! We are excited to announce the expansion of our music library for creators in the US! With this expansion, we’re bringing today’s top music to the platform – allowing creators to add known and trending tracks to their Pins.

Pinterest is a place for inspiration, and with this expansion creators can further inspire and engage Pinners by adding their favorite songs to their content! To add music to your Pins, creators will need to enter the Pin creation flow (mobile only) and select the entire or a section of the Pin, then click on “Music”. By default, the All Songs dropdown will be selected (unless you have indicated that the Pin is for commercial use), which includes both licensed and royalty-free music. In addition, this new experience will give users the ability to search for their desired track by song title, artist, or keyword.

This feature is now available for iOS and Android users. For more information, check out our Help Center article and newsroom article.

Please be sure to rate this article if it helped you, or leave a comment below if  you have feedback or need more information around this new feature. 🌟

FAQs:

What is different about this music in Pins launch compared to what’s currently available?

This year, we introduced the ability for creators to add royalty-free music tracks to their Pins (on iOS and Android). Now we’re expanding the library to include licensed tracks (i.e. songs on the radio, well known artists, famous songs), so creators can find and add their favorite songs to Pins.

How can I find and add licensed music to my Pins?

You can find a step-by-step process on how to add licensed tracks under Pins on this Help Center article.

Why don’t I have the option to add licensed music to my Pins?

You are most likely creating an Pin in a global market. Currently, licensed music is only available in the US. You might also be trying to add licensed music to a commercial-use Pin, in which case you may only add royalty-free songs. 

What is the experience outside of the US?

Creators outside of the US currently do not have the option to add licensed music tracks to their Pins. When watching an Pin that has licensed music outside of the US, all audio (including voiceovers) will be muted for the entire duration of the Pin. 

------------------------

Are you excited for this update? Let us know in the comments! 🎵

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

Comments
mulberrycolors

I am late to leave a comment🤭thank you so very much for the new music library👍It adds so much more to my idea pins💚

californiapointe

I've been waiting for this update. Can't wait to dive into the new music tracks 💗🦻🏾🎼

freelynat

I'm excited and I was able to use it recently!

smart_monkey_org

Can it be used when you create on a PC?

smitasreen

Hi,This is Smita.As I've been creating Idea pins with images or pictures mostly I would be happy if music would be introduced to add to these picture pins .I do not know if it is available as I'm from India and l have no updates regarding this.Thank u.

4thHouseOnTheRight

I am just SO excited to have the music option finally! Now I can create & edit my idea pins right in the app instead of uploading from an external app on my phone!

It's the little things that bring me joy 😁

smitasreen

Hello,Does this music app help in adding to image idea pins?I would be more than happy as I've been adding music from other apps downloading them and then publishing the idea pins.I hope this Pinterest music app helps me🙂

californiapointe

Hi @smitasreen regrading your questions of "does the music app help in adding to image idea pins"...yes, I think it does in my humble opinion. As @4thHouseOnTheRight  commented just above your comment we can now: create, edit, and add music all within the app. This saves me time and energy.

Also, Pinterest makes it so easy to see if it's Royalty Free or Licensed Music. Remember, Royalty Free songs must be used for sponsored/commercial/paid posts to avoid copyright problems. I hope this helps! 🎶

wiziwiziw

Awesome!