Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Announcing product tagging and affiliate partnerships on Pinterest 🏷

Announcing product tagging and affiliate partnerships on Pinterest 🏷

Idea_Pin-product-tagging-creator-view-lav-en-US-sm.png

Attention, community members! We’re so excited to unveil our newest feature, product tagging for all Pins, so you can help your audience go from inspiration to shoppable action. Starting now, all creators in the US and UK regions can search and tag shoppable products on Pinterest, or tag products using product links. We’re also introducing affiliate partnerships on Pinterest, meaning creators can link out from select affiliate programs to get paid from sales that come directly from their recommendations 💵. Read all about the announcement in our Newsroom.

Please be sure to rate this article if it helped you, or leave a comment below if  you have feedback or need more information around about this new feature. 🌟

How do I access the product tagging feature? 

On iOS and Android, creators can access the product tagging feature through the Stickers module in the Pin creation flow. You’ll then have the option to search by the product name or add a product link.

At this time, product tagging is only available on mobile and for business accounts in the US and UK regions. We will continue rolling out access over the coming months to international creators so stay tuned for updates as we expand these offerings globally! 

For more information on how to set up product tagging for your Idea Pins, check out our Help Center.

What products am I allowed to tag in my Pin? 

Creators can tag any products that exist on Pinterest or create a new Pin via URL search. For existing Pins, the searchable content will be limited to the Pins for that locale. 

How many tags can I add? 

You can add up to 5 product tags per Pin.

Can product tags be edited after the Pin has been published?

No, not at this time. Be sure to check the tags before hitting publish! 

Where can I find analytics on my product tags?

In-app reporting will not be available for now, but we’re working on launching this soon. 

How do merchants and retailers know that their product has been tagged? 

Merchants will receive email notifications letting them know when their products are tagged. If a merchant prefers not to have their product tagged, they have the option to remove the tagged product from the Pin.

Can I use an affiliate link to tag a product?

Yes! We support affiliate links from affiliate networks and programs like Amazon AssociatesShopStyle Collective, LTK (formerly rewardStyle + LIKEtoKNOW.it ) and Rakuten Advertising. However, please keep in mind that not all affiliate programs are supported at this time. If you have any issues using affiliate links, please let us know by filing a ticket with our support team.

📌: Our team is working to enable links from all major affiliate networks, stay tuned! 

Do I need to disclose if I’m using an affiliate link? What is the best way to do that?  Can you advise on my requirements to disclose?

Within the Product Tagging flow, there’s a toggle you can use to indicate you are tagging sponsored products. To learn more about how we approach Paid Partnerships on Pinterest, check out our Community Guidelines. 

Why do some affiliate links work and others don’t? 

We are only allowing affiliate links from approved affiliate partners and domains. To learn more about our affiliate guidelines, visit our Community Guidelines.

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

Comments
momentswithjenny

Another new feature? Hmmm... Let's hope this one will benefit shop owners and affiliates.

allaboutbabyblog

@momentswithjenny I am not so sure about that...when using this feature it asks for a normal link to the merchant website.

When people click on the product link in your Idea pin it then takes them to another pin in a extra 'products you tagged' folder and that one is tagged with all links but yours...users have to click on the left bottom of that pin to get to your affiliate link instead of the products tagged by pinterest.

This is a example of one of those pins you get redirected to from the idea pin. (You have to click the merchant name in the bottom left to buy through your affiliate link)

Screenshot 2021-07-31 7.16.44 PM.png

momentswithjenny

@allaboutbabyblog Wow! That's so thoughtful of Pinterest to create a feature that still benefits them. I wonder when they'll care about creators for real and help us grow our businesses as they expand.

PinterestGabby

Heya @allaboutbabyblog! Hope you're doing well. 🙂 Appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback, I've escalated with our product team for review. Hopefully I'll have an update to share back with you soon. 🤞cc: @PinterestYayori 

PinterestGabby

Actually, @allaboutbabyblog, can you link the example Pin you shared above? I want to share with product exactly what you're referencing so they can review. Thanks! 

julsrosemond

@PinterestSupport @PinterestGabby  Hey! When will LTK be an approved affiliate? Thanks!

PinterestGabby

Hi @julsrosemond! Thanks for the comment. 🙂 Our team is still working to enable links from all major affiliate networks -- we do not have an ETA we can share for when more will be added, but we'll be sure to update this article as more affiliates join the program. I'll make a note to share with product your feedback, though! 

rahmajewelrydotcom

I heard that affiliate rakuten has removed the tracking link on pinterest. what is right?

PinterestGabby

Hi @rahmajewelrydotcom! Thanks for reaching out. We did a quick test with our team and confirmed everything is working as intended. The tracking URL is used when clicking on the tagged product. LMK if that helps clear things up. 🙂 

simplepinmedia

Just wanted to add our thoughts on the discussion above 🙂 

Are the two affiliates listed in this FAQ the only approved affiliates at this time? 

We think it would be super helpful if there was an official list of approved affiliates (updated when needed) on the Pinterest help desk somewhere. This way we can know for sure which affiliates will work with this feature and so that we don't have to keep bugging you about whether an affiliate will work 😉 

Thanks for listening! @PinterestSupport @PinterestGabby 

-Tabby

alisammeredith

I'll second that request from @simplepinmedia ! Refersion works as well. And there may well be more. 

PinterestGabby

@simplepinmedia @alisammeredith ICYMI, we announced Amazon Associates today! Check out our release notes for deets. 😉 

alisammeredith

@PinterestGabby You are the BEST!!! I tried a link earlier today and it didn't work, but I'll try again! Thank you 🙂

simplepinmedia

YES!! Thank you @PinterestGabby we are so excited and I know our community is too.

PinterestGabby

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

amazingshopping2020

when those products tagging will be available in France ?

thebalancedceo

@PinterestGabby Hey! I know this post is old but I was wondering if there is an updated list of Pinterest-approved affiliate networks and programs? Thank you!!

hostesstori

Has anyone seen an official resource with an update on approved affiliate networks? 

knofdesign

THANK YOU!!

Do you know if shareasale affiliate links are able to be used?

hostesstori

@PinterestJazmin @PinterestJoan  Bumping up this old thread! Is there an official, comprehensive list somewhere of all approved affiliates as of Sept. 2022? Thanks!

JanaOMedia

@hostesstori - great question! I'd like to know, too. 

WebDesignMultimedia

Hi everyone,

Here is a list of the most popular affiliate platforms, networks, subnetworks and aggregators, SaaS software, and data sources to perhaps take note of in researching the best affiliate marketing strategy for you. 

https://affilimate.com/integrations/ 

mulberrycolors

I am amazed of the # of products available🙌I had created an idea pin from my fall shopping spree and was so excited to see every jacket, dress, accessory that I had recommended had seen & liked in my idea pin available for tagging 👍you have put together a one of a kind network of shopping🥰thank you 

simplepinmedia

Hey there fine folks of Pinterest 🙂 @PinterestSupport @PinterestJoan @PinterestGabby 

Wondering if this article is up-to-date. 

Specifically wondering about Canada having the product tagging ability on Idea Pins. 

Really appreciate any insight!!!

-Tabby

haxnicks

When will it be possible to schedule pins with tags on them?  In order to keep a regular flow of pins we have to schedule some of them but at the moment as soon as you add tags the scheduling options disappear and you have to put the pin live there and then.  

smitasreen

Is paid partnership not available in India?I had recently added the label to a jewellery brand in Europe but not yet received any response.How do I get the paid partner ship deals and

PinterestFernanda

@smitasreen Hi! Yes, the Paid Partnership tool is available in more than 37 markets, including India! You can check out our Help Center article and this Tuesday Tips post in our community for more information on how to use the Paid Partnership tool. 

Give us a shout if you need anything! 🙂 

aliciafitnessdreams

I am trying to tag amazon products through my amazon affiliate links but everytime I try to tag a product in the link option it keeps saying invalid parameters how do I fix it?

PinterestFernanda

Hey @aliciafitnessdreams, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience with the community. The best way for you to proceed is to file a ticket with our team, who is equipped to resolve account-specific issues like these.

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime! 

sachinsk

Is the new scheme available in India? If not when will it start?